Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Years of Bad Karma


Years of Bad Karma are kicking me in the ass and I'll tell you why. Since I was 18 various dentists have been after me to have my wisdom teeth pulled but I've always balked. I didn't have the time, money or felt it needed to be done. I would make appointments with Oral Surgeons and either not show up or cancel them--why? Obviously because I was young and stupid!

Now years later, it's catching up to me, I was told by the latest dentist that they would do the extractions of two teeth in their office, because they're normally not too complicated as long as the tooth is already out (one is partly out and the other is completely). The one that's partly out has a cavity that's getting close to the nerve. Okay fine, I made the appointment because I know I'm playing with fire.

The morning of the appointment the office called and said the dentist was ill, they would call to reschedule. Meanwhile a friend had an extraction, and ended up with dry socket, and her dentist was an ass about treating it properly. Naturally, I now had questions for my dentist, so when they called about doing the extractions, I asked them if they could instead do the seals on the other teeth instead (something else this dentist wanted to do anyway). They said it's not a problem and scheduled it.

Unknown to me that appointment was scheduled for the same day as Piss-boy's parent/teacher conference. I called yesterday to change that appointment once I put the two and two together and knew I couldn't be in two places at the same time. The lady on the phone said they had an opening this morning at 7:45 AM. Great! I'll get my questions answered and get the seals taken care of. Or so I thought.

How was I supposed to know that the woman making the appointment for me was really a disgruntled employee who had gotten wind that she was about to be fired for incompetence?

How was I supposed to know that said employee would use me and countless others to say FUCK YOU to her employer?

I showed up on time, paid my copay only to be informed the appointment was made with the wrong person, a denturist that doesn't do seals. At least I got my copay back.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I belive it! The Bionic Woman...God girl you never forget nuttin. What was that from 4th grade?

Whimsical Ranter said...

I don't think I knew you then? Did I?

Hmmmm. Will have to think about that one. Are you pissed?

Anonymous said...

Hell NO...you gave me a blog name--Hell I'm right up there with Rainbird, Pissboy and what's his name Forest?

Whimsical Ranter said...

Its F R E D O

Anonymous said...

oh from lord of the rings????

Whimsical Ranter said...

::thumps your head:: ::waits for the echo sound::

It's from the Godfather you nitwit.

Anonymous said...

ow! Bitch

Unknown said...

OMG I am so jealous . . . I want a blog name too . . . and FORREST?!?!?! (shaking her head) That is not right . . .

BIONIC WOMAN . . . what did she do? Run around the playground going "dudda dudda dudda dudda". Or was that the 7 Million Dollar Man?

Whimsical Ranter said...

actually she had the mousey brownish hair, in the same style. LMAO!