Monday, March 13, 2006

Rainy Days and Mondays


Cue the Carpenters because it’s another week and another weekend for the record books of doing little but reaming seemingly busy. We had a long weekend here; with the boys out of school for Parent/Teacher conferences and Piss-boy it seems spent and wasted all those days worrying for nothing. Only small issues with him, like spelling and using more descriptions when he writes, but otherwise he’s doing fine. I think his teacher just does enjoy talking with us. Saturday, Rainbird went to Home Depot or some other home center place to get wood for his bar he’s creating in the “tasting room” in the basement. I didn’t get on his case too badly considering he’s used the hot tub twice this week (must be some sort of record).

Explanation of the Different Plans

When there is a project that requires completion and is NOT done immediately the project is automatically listed on the one-month plan. Meaning that sometime in the next month the project will be completed, if not it goes onto the 6-month plan, and if still not completed it automatically goes into 3-year plan. The 3-year plan carries a rider, which automatically turns into the 5-year plan at the end of that term. These terms are in no way concurrent. So your simple project could in effect take, in Man-terms, nearly 9-years to finish. Of course if you decide to move then all left over projects are completed in 30 days before your house is listed so at least you can somewhat enjoy things until your home is sold and you move.

What Are You Doing There?!

Lately each night I wake up and hear the dog’s collar rattling (which also reminds me his license is due), I find him sitting nicely or stretching in the entryway. There is only ONE place for him to be napping anywhere near there and that’s the living room sofa and he knows fully well he’s not supposed to be on there. Actually, I wouldn’t be freaking out if he were just laying on that sofa, but he curls up on the one of the pillows (the sofa is kind of a pillow back) and squishes the pillow, misshaping it. It’s attached on the top to the main part of the sofa and I’m also afraid that the dog ‘s weight will slowly start to loosen the seam, causing it separate. So if anyone has any suggestions for keeping the dog off my sofa, I’d greatly appreciate them.

Morning Monkey Business & Other Annoyances

For some reason Fredo is in competition with his brother each morning, and Piss-boy though he doesn’t really care, does nothing to help the situation either. This morning was one of those mornings, Piss-boy forgot to set his alarm, and Fredo refused to get out of bed. I warned Fredo that Piss-boy would be downstairs soon but Fredo ignored it. Sure enough, Piss-boy bolted passed Fredo’s room on the way to the stairs, and I know something was said but I didn’t hear what was said. Fredo started screaming that he wanted to be first and so it began. Fredo was two steps behind his brother all morning and though I did remind him this week was “fish” week, I doubt he heard me.

Bird flu is one thing I’m really tired of hearing about—specifically the Armageddon type of hype surrounding it, like those of Michael Leavitt telling people to keep canned tuna and powdered milk under their beds. What the fuck? During the last three pandemics the number of deaths went down despite a significant increase in population. For example the 1918 pandemic killed around 40 million people, the one in 1957 killed around 2 million, and the 1968 pandemic killed around 1 million people. I wonder if the media is just bored or if they are really trying to hyper people into frenzy over this.

Other News

Meanwhile Fredo has discovered the chess set, and I really don’t have to worry about finding tournaments for him to participate in anytime soon. He’s no Bobby Fischer. Will admit the way he plays the game does look a lot more fun, what with the dice and all.

Also, I believe this is my 100th post to this blog and to think I really thought I'd get bored with this all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ya that bird flu is all over ABC news.

The (real) Stepford Wives said...

I fixed the spelling of your name. Figures I'd make a huge mistake on my very first blog.