Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Mornings Can Be Fun



Last night I don’t know what was wrong with me but I folded clothes, did laundry and cleaned toilets at 11 PM and let me tell you all, that was weird for me but I’m glad I did it all because it gives me a jumpstart on today. Then I started watching something on the History Channel about the bible and alien abductions, which was very interesting despite the fact I couldn’t really keep my eyes open.


Of course the kids were slow in getting up today, Fredo was wasting a lot of morning time asking for “5 more minutes,” and Piss-boy spent around 20 minutes after his shower taking a dump or something (he’s getting to be more like his father everyday). Fredo came down the stairs telling me not to look at him…Oh yeah; this is going to be a fun day for us. The mood did lighten though as Fredo drank his morning cup of coffee (okay he doesn’t drink coffee, he drank orange juice but it has the same effect on him) and ate his Toaster Sticks. Piss-boy ate his cereal and then began to the made rush to play “Find the Backpack.” Now, I will thoroughly admit Fredo wins that particular game every time because he always places his backpack in the closet with his jacket. Piss-boy runs upstairs the downstairs hunting like a child searching for Easter eggs.

For the past two days there’s been a woodpecker outside on a tree across the street, pecking away, it’s been driving us crazy though because we can’t actually see it. Each morning when we wait for the bus it’s been kinda fun looking for it. When the bus does arrive the whole mood changes and Fredo grows very quiet, turns around to give me one more plaintive look. If you closely you can see just a glint of hope in his eyes that I won’t be a horrible person, make him get onto the bus and go to school. Oh well kid—Maybe tomorrow (NOT).

Oh Pat Robertson, You’ve Done it Again

Look up the word D’oh in the dictionary and there’s likely to be two pictures one of Homer Simpson and the other of televangelist Pat Robertson. My friend, the Bionic Woman actually watches the 700 Club and emailed to tell me about him saying Muslims are Satanists. How nice of him, don’t you think? This man is on TV and pontificates that foreign leaders should be “taken out,” says that Katrina occurred because New Orleans angered God or some such bullshit—don’t get me started on the whole 9/11 thing. Someone suffers a stroke, or gets cancer, and he doesn’t agree with them to begin with it’s because God is punishing them.

He obviously suffers from foot-in-mouth disease but I remember before the Y2K shit happened, he was encouraging his viewers to take money out of the bank, stock-pile food and water, and purchase generators because everything was going to shut down. Do you remember waking up News Years Morning 2000? His show uses individuals much the way a PT Barnum used played on people’s common sense to get them into seeing his sideshows. Have you seen the segment when he tells people to touch the TV and then someone, him his son or that other woman, spews out tripe about there being someone out there that’s worried about money. Come-on people! These are general statements that could easily apply to anyone on any given day of the week. Then he’ll so people that were saved by giving money to him…. good grief. This show is nothing more than a Telethon to earn money. I’d like to know exactly where all that money goes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Um, yup, I can add that Pat R is demented . . . .besides that Ariel Sharon's stroke being divine retribution for Israel's withdrawl from Gaza strip, calling for Chavez's assassination (while the dude, although corrupt), was offering discounted oil to "needy" Americans in the midst of a national disaster and isn't killing against pat's religion??