Thursday, March 16, 2006

Let’s Play Name That Country



With all the outsourcing going on today, it’s not surprising that we’re discovering new games to play while we wait on hold. I, myself, enjoy a rousing game of Name That Country. I called a company yesterday, and for the life of me couldn't figure out what the country was, the accent was odd, sounding a bit British but not really. It definitely wasn’t Indian, but maybe South African or something. I think the tragedy is that Name that State was replaced thanks in part of rising costs and the growing need for profit margins and pleasing stock holders especially since I really miss that game. When I think back just a few years ago when the majority of calls were still answered in the US, the game seemed more fun. I would thoroughly enjoy talking with someone from example Texas or most of the Southern States because they were so polite. However keep me on the phone with a New Yorker for a couple minutes, and I was grateful that I lived in California since they were just too high strung for me to deal with.

I’m just tired of the crap, and I’m just tired of speaking to people in other fucking countries who have no real clue what the hell they’re doing and lack serious common sense. While I’m at it, I’d also like to lodge a complaint with companies that use call centers, like banks, and local cable companies. I’m sorry but when I’m calling about my cable service I’d like to speak with someone actually in my fucking area not 5000 miles away. I don’t know how many fucking times I’ve been forced to make a fucking appointment with those fuckwits because I’m one of the first that’s called with trouble in my area and then, I have to call and cancel it because god knows they’re too stupid to notice a service call was booked at the same time 600 fucking calls started coming in saying their cable was out. The same is true for the phone company; I really don’t need to hear that if I add more services some idiot in Cleveland might win a trip to Disney World. I don’t want the fucking DSL!!!

Let me further explain, just in case some fucking half wit CEO is reading this, the phone is NOT FACE to FACE communication. I cannot see what the other person is saying, I can only hear them, and with accents and poor phone connections, I really get tired of saying, “What?” Or “Huh?” I don’t want other services, or anything that will cause me to pay anymore than I already do, so can the sales pitches; I just want my fucking problem fixed.

While I’m At This

I might as well mention when I’m in a department store making a fairly large purchase and I say once that I don’t want the extended warranty please believe me if you continue to try to sell it to me I’ll be forced to believe that your trying to sell me a substandard product. It could cause you to loose a sale. Recently when I purchased a vacuum cleaner I couldn’t believe the woman trying to get me to add another hundred bucks for a three year warranty, aside from that any woman that can’t figure out how to reach her fingers inside the vacuum to unclog it should just hire a cleaning service anyway. The saleswoman must have mentioned the warranty 3-5 times, giving each time a different seemingly almost scripted reason for taking it. One example I really did laugh at was, "Well it could be handy if you drive over the hose." What the hell? I guess what she was saying was that I should add on an extra hundred bucks on a two hundred dollar purchase because I may or may not be stupid?

Finally

I’ve decided that I hate the History Channel and I’ll tell you why, every night this week they’ve had the most amazing stuff on starting at around 11PM. Last night it was a show on Meteors, the night before that was about aliens, and I think Monday night was about debunking the Da Vinci Code. Not great stuff when you need to get your ass to bed, and I’m getting tired of it, it’s worse than watching MythBusters on the Discovery Channel.

No comments: