Thursday, October 02, 2008

Just a Few Words

You Can Lead a Man to the Toilet, But You Can't Make Him Sit


I didn't mention this yesterday but it's been a growing issue with me and I find it disturbing. The pee that lands behind the freaking toilet! How do they (men) do this? People will claim the Kennedy assassination couldn't be true because of the magic bullet, well what about the magic urine? The urine that travels around the toilet to stain the back of the wall.

Seriously

Why can't they just sit down to pee? What is this need which men have, that they must stand to pee, is it to show dominance over the toilet? If they are sitting...and doing their number two thing, do they immediately stand up and turn around? No, I've never asked but I'm curious to know the answer.

Enough Potty Talk

Yesterday, I asked myself the question if excitement can be planned and I'm fairly confident that it can't. You can plan fun, but excitement just happens. Today, I again did the boring stuff, but I didn't feel it was dull, it was just all the stuff that needs to be done. Bills paid, errands run, clothes washed, rugs vacuumed. These things don't get done by themselves--someone has to do them. Wish it could be someone else but...

October

October...wow...October. Of course today it's raining, and tomorrow, and for the next several days, then a break and back to rain, at least according to every weather person on TV. Still it seems hard to believe it's already October! Where has the year gone. Soon enough husband will be taking the older kid to visit our abundant local haunted houses, then November will be here and the holidays will start. This past year I got incredibly lazy....just how lazy was I? Well, I got so lazy that after Christmas when I removed all my Holiday dishes out of the china cabinet, I never put the good china back into it. It's just sat empty since January. Very unusual for me.

Anyway, now it's October and the leaves are making their decent from the trees, landing on my lawn, inside my gutters, and everywhere else I don't want them to fall. Our apple pear tree, which had only 3 apples on it this season, has gone through a major growth spurt. I guess without any apples to slow it down, it put all its energy into growing leaves and limbs. Should be fun when it comes time for pruning. The other tree in our yard we discovered this year is an apple tree, and while it gave us many surprise apples this year, we didn't get eat any of them. I suppose the opossums and squirrels enjoyed them though at least I believe so...Since nearly all of them had these mystery bites taken out of them. Big chomping bites. Weird.

© 2008 Whimsical Ranter
All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

Judy said...

LOL - I have been bribing my 9 year old to go standing up FOREVER. He always sits. And, while this is okay at home, notsomuch at school with the wall-o-urinals.

Abby said...

I have wondered the same thing about the pee. I mean, these are people who love activities that involve being a good aim: soccer, hockey, target shooting, basketball. What is with the dang PEE?!?

Watch out while cleaning leaves out of your gutters. There's probably man pee in there too.