Friday, October 03, 2008

How Odd

I know I said

I wasn't going to watch the VP debates but I did see some of it. I do think Palin did okay but were there teleprompters used? She seemed to be looking down a lot, like she was reading a script. Biden did too but it wasn't nearly as obvious.

My only other complaint about Palin, and this was just based on 40 minutes or so I watched, was that she didn't seem to answer some questions. The moderator would ask her a question, then she would start talking about something else like gas prices.

I didn't see or note that Biden did this, though it's possible since I didn't watch the whole thing. I would have liked to have seen Joe Biden chip away at Palin's constant use of the word "Maverack" because while I know McCain isn't the most loved guy in the senate, he does vote with Bush most of the time. So he doesn't like earmarks, but it doesn't stop him for votiing for someone elses earmarks.


This Must Be a Record

At least for me since I rarely post everyday and I'm not sure what's gotten into me, but I'll go with it. Yesterday while I waited for husband to his lazy butt out of bed (okay, truth time, he's not that lazy, he gets home from work at midnight and goes to bed around 2 AM) so I could begin dusting and vacuuming, I decided to troll some other blogs. These blogs were just random, hitting the next blog button, and reading.

It's kind of a crap shoot doing that, since so many blogs are just spam, but some other blogs were just sad. One blog, the writer was upset with her father for having an affair and divorcing her mother. A different blog had about the same written but in reverse which made me ponder if the two were somehow cosmically related. I'm sure stranger things have happened.

Ahhh Choooo!

Another odd thing about today is that my younger son is home from school because he wasn't feeling well this morning. He said his throat was hurting and his head hurt, just like older son a few days earlier. Oh well it's not a bad weekend for being sick, its supposed to rain most of the weekend, we have nothing planned except my husband brewing beer with friend of his.

I have a few things to do around the house, since an outsider (homebrewing friend of hubby's) will be visiting and I don't want him to think that we're all just slobs. Even though, clearly we are. Maybe this will be a good weekend to do some work in my older son's bedroom, and get those shelves put together. Who knows what we'll do as I said a few days ago, excitement just can't be planned. Maybe I'll walk on the wild side and take out the carpet shampooer.

For Your Viewing Pleasure

I rememeber a friend of the family, who served his country in Viet Nam, hearing this song for the first time and he cried. I came across it today and thought I'd share it; the owner of this piece doesn't allow for embedded URL's so you can find it here.




© 2008 Whimsical Ranter
All Rights Reserved


1 comment:

Abby said...

I didn't watch the debates. The whole thing just seems like such a sideshow attraction.

Sometimes I hit the random blog thing. Takes all kinds of people to make a world. Weird coincidence, though, eh?

Hope everyone gets back on the health wagon. I'll showcase the new furnace when it's a done deal!