Monday, October 27, 2008

Brotherly Love or Is Christmas Coming

Big Book of Crap

Saturday the boys were nice to each other, kinda weird but both were excited for different reasons so I chalked it up to that. Piss-boy was excited to go to a haunted house later that evening, and Fredo was excited to spend the night at his grandma and grandpa's house. We dropped Fredo off b
efore leaving to meet our other friends at a pub downtown and he was so excited he barely hugged me. While visions of candy, sodas, grandma's French Toast, raced through his head, I couldn't really fault the kid. Grandma has her rules though, rules one would think might impede fun but according to both kids insist they don't. Of course they don't mind being waited on for everything, I mean who doesn't?

The haunted house was fun but at one point I got separated from my group (there was six of us), and was approached by a sinister looking ghoul with amazing sky blue eyes who proceeded to tell me I looked delicious and he wanted to eat me (he said this several times). I didn't miss a beat, and told him he could eat me later. For just a moment as my words sunk in, he broke character and I walked away. I didn't see him later....oh well.

Later after having gone through the three different 'houses' we went to this haunted graveyard which was nice because this one was free. Mr. Ranter told me that this place was very cool, but I had no idea what to expect. It was incredible and totally appropriate for younger children to go and look. Made me wish Fredo was with us.

Sunday we went to Trader Joe's, did some laundry and had bad Chinese food, it was bad in the sense it made us hurl, just bad in the sense it was more American Chinese, than real Chinese food. Mr. Ranter was supposed to take Piss-boy to one more haunted house but decided he didn't want to drive all the way to get there. In the meantime Fredo was picked up from nirvana, and made to get ready for school on Monday--the crosses we all must bear. I finally had a chance to open the Sunday paper and saw the coveted Toys R Us big book, I handed it to the boys with usual warning...You may write your name on ANYTHING in the book but that doesn't mean you're going to get it. They both said they understood and went upstairs. I could hear complaining about how this was a little kid toy, or the page after page of girl stuff but finally they returned it to me. Fredo wrote his name on two things and Piss-boy found three Wii Games to his liking. Remember what I said about them wrting stuff down but it doesn't mean they'll get it? Okay, while that was true when they were little and would write their names on EVERYTHING, it's not so true today. They'll get what they marked. I'm stuck with kids that are reasonable and never ask for things that are too expensive. Plus there are plenty of relatives that want to buy for them, so they "buy" from me instead. I have become the defacto toy store and I think last year I made a profit, though small.

Sunday night was spent watching The Omen on DVD, which was probably better than most of the other bland offerings of night time television. Pet Semetary is on deck for later this week.



© 2008 Whimsical Ranter
All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

Abby said...

I only buy chinese food from people who can barely speak engrish.

Sounds like a fun spooky weekend. We watched Disturbia, but it wasn't all that scary. Not after this election season.

Heard from blue eyes yet?

Dan said...

I almost got beat up when I was in high school during a showing of pet cemetery. There's a certain part with a truck in the middle and I did an extended "splat, splat, splat.." - didn't get much brotherly love from the guy who told me to shut up.

That said, I complied.

You need to watch Shaun of the Dead for Halloween. That'll make you laugh.

Have a good 1.