Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I Know Why Animals in the Wild Eat Their Young


But a fucking horrible day. Fredo refused to get out of bed, then he demanded his poptart but I gave in thinking I didn't want him upset going to school. I couldn't find his school shoes, have no fucking clue where they went to, so I put him in his play shoes. Meanwhile, while searching for the shoes, I found again shit in the wastebasket, but I didn't comment at that time to him.

Then at 9:30 the phone rings, I have caller ID and it said, "Public School." I answered the phone saying to myself, "Please let it be about Piss-boy." No, it was about Fredo. Apparently, he'd thrown a fit at school again and this time was carried to office kicking and screaming down the hall.

Can someone just shoot me now and put me out of my misery. Rainbird was on his way home, and drove here to get me, so that we could pick-up Fredo, who looked rather scared to see both of us show up. When I reminded him that he was NOT going to play that fucking game cube, he blew up again, telling me he was good and did his work. Fuck you, you little liar, I wanted to scream but somehow didn't. I told him tomorrow there is NO school (one of those teacher days), so he's not watching any TV or playing the Game Cube. He started to give me attitude and I went upstairs and put all his toys that he has arranged on the floor into his toy box. He cried, wailed, at the time, but now he's running around his bedroom so I guess he got over that.

I ask Rainbird if he has any cigarettes, we'd had a discussion about needing them when he left to get an oil change in his car for his trip. He said he was out but somehow thought I had some when I spoke very clearly and told him NO. So, I was already pissed off at Fredo, now at Rainbird, and left the house, driving to the gas station, only to find out that they no longer take off cigarette purchases on the Tank Bank. Damn, with each fill-up, I was only paying $2 a gallon instead of nearly three.

At 2:30, I see Pissboy, running across the street and he come running into the house asking (smiling no less), if I'd heard about Fredo. Piss-boy's classroom is right across the hall and he confirmed when he got home that Fredo was screaming, everyone heard it. He asked to go the bathroom as they were carrying Fredo to the office over someone's shoulder.

I spoke to the teacher, and she assured me that more than likely things will improve with him, we just need to keep with it. I asked her if she would send home a note each day indicating Good or bad, and she said she would--I hope she remembers.

Tomorrow Piss-boy might be going to Grandma and Grandpa's house for the day, I'll be sure to take Fredo along and tell him that if he were good at school, he'd get to go also. If that doesn't work out, Rainbird said he'd take the kid out and be sure to tell him that they are going out for burgers (Fredo's favorite) because if the kid doesn't know he's missing out on fun stuff, I doubt he'll have a huge reason to improve.

Since then I'm fielding phone calls from family members trying to understand why Fredo is acting the way he is. My grandmother is afraid that I'll take Fredo to a doctor, and they'll medicate him. I told her if they want to medicate him, bring it on. She couldn't understand why I feel that way.

Hell, it's not like he'd take medicine, but I wouldn't mind giving him a daily shot in the ass. Wonder if that can be arranged?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kelly, what a shitty day, I'm so sorry. I'm here if you need to talk.

Melanie said...

Sorry he's being such a brat. You're doing the right thing though.