Friday, October 14, 2005

Another week


Well, another week has come and gone. Fredo was good in school most of the week until today. Rainbird mentioned that he was awake at 4 AM this morning, but that's really no excuse. He got up, dressed and ready for school without argument, then did his jobs. When it was time for everyone to go out for recess he had a memory lapse and forgot which coat he'd worn to school and couldn't find it. He started to cry, then scream, and was impossible to calm.

The teacher thought maybe he left the jacket on the bus, I told her no, he doesn't take his jacket off. I told her that he was wearing his green Landsend coat today because it was so chilly outside this morning. She then said nothing for a second or two, then said that she showed him that coat but he wouldn't really look at it. I told her that his name is on the inside of the coat, it has his last name on the left or right side on the lower part of the coat (I always label my children's coats and jackets). She said the coat was there, so I asked for her to give it to his brother to bring home with him, she assured me that she would.

His reward for today was a happy meal, but I told him that we'll try it again next week and see if he makes it.

No comments: