Monday, September 26, 2005

The shoe dropped...Or...


I could just cry. I just got a call from Fredo's teacher, and it wasn't to praise him or tell me that he needs to be in first grade. Fredo is refusing to participate in school and crying now when he doesn't get his way. His teacher said he was crying so loud, he was causing a disturbance.

That is unacceptable and I told his teacher that. His teacher told me, "well, he's young still and needs to learn." I told her, "what? He's six!"

Long silence.

I then explained that Fredo was in Pre-K last year, because I knew he wasn't ready to start Kindergarten. She was floored. I said to her that I understood, he's small, but he was born in August, 1999.

Is it possible to make any more mistakes where this child is concerned? I've tried speaking with him but I doubt he hears what I say. I'm so frustrated, I could just cry. I will tell him that he's not watching TV until he gets a good report from his teacher, no movies or anything. No Game Cube, but I also fear that if I take away too much, he'll resent school even more because he's not connecting the fact that HIS actions are the cause and not because of school in general.

Let's just say that this is one of my worst fears being realized. The other fear involves him on a clocktower with a semi-automatic. He said that his teacher was mean and wouldn't let him go outside for recess and he'd rather go to jail than go back to school.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

That's tough. Could you consult a child psychologist to see what exactly you're supposed to do?

Whimsical Ranter said...

It was only two days that this happened, Friday and Monday. I'm hoping that its not a habit yet and he'll get out of it, especially since he knows that his teacher phoned.

Jeff Crook said...

Charles Whitman did his damage with a bolt action rifle.

Sorry, I know this doesn't help. I'm a passing stranger. Your obscure reference caught my eye.

If it helps, I have two boys of my own. Two weeks of hell will make a world of difference in your life. Put the hammer down for two weeks and things will get better. But those two weeks will be hell.