Thursday, September 29, 2005

It's Getting Better All the Time

Fredo, last night before bed, I told him to put on his pajamas and he did it, then this morning I told him to get up and get himself dressed for school and the next thing I knew he was downstairs fully dressed. Well, he was wearing the same clothes as yesterday, I guess I wasn't specific enough, but we didn't have the morning argument about school. I just went upstairs and got him a different shirt, and clean socks, helped him with those and helped him with his school shoes, yes, he can put those on, but the socks he twists up. He drank his juice and ate all of a nutragrain bar. I'll have to remember to get him so pop-tarts also since I know he likes those and pick up some other granola bars for Piss-boy (more about him later).

I did finally speak to the teacher, she phoned this morning, and I told her to be sure to let me know if he does misbehave as he had before. If he does she'll send home a note or a piece of paper and said she'd follow-up with a phone call. The important thing for both of us, is when he does misbehave (which I'm sure he will just to check) we don't let it become a habit. It's also important that he knows that he won't get away with it.

Today was the first day they had all the kindergarteners walk to class by themselves. I asked Fredo if he did that and he said he did. I'll find out later if Piss-boy led him or if he really did by himself. I want Fredo to get used to the routine, in case Piss-boy ever misses a day of school, so he's not completely lost without his brother. Expecting him to just follow everyone else, isn't going to work, considering he was carrying around his hip-pocket information for a couple days, instead of giving it to the teacher when she asked for it.

Conversely, Piss-boy is ticking me off. This morning when I went into his room his bird's water was filthy and the poor thing had no food, his comforter was on the floor and pillows and toys were scattered. He's leaving his dirty clothes on the floor along with the wet towel and we've talked before that this is unacceptable. Okay, I could write off the comforter and clothing but not caring for his bird, and the wet towels aren't going over well with me.

Thanks to a couple of really good friends, namely Brie and Cindy, I'm learning that positive reinforcement works better than negative. Just not sure how exactly to apply it to Piss-boy, but I'm confident I'll come up with something. I've already decided on Friday, Piss-boy will get to play the game cube when he gets home from school and if Fredo is still playing it, he'll have to stop. I know it's probably bothering Piss-boy that his brother gets to play it during the week and he doesn't, but I also feel that if I let Piss-boy have that privilege he'll abuse it. After last year, I still don't trust him.

In other news around here, Rainbird, is preparing for his pilgrimage to California for an extended weekend of golf. He'll leave a week from today and return either Sunday or Monday. I'm studying to take the driver's knowledge test for here and I'm a little nervous about it...Not really so much about the test but the idea of having to go and do that. My old California license expires on my birthday in November so I'd better get it taken care of soon, preferably before Rainbird leaves again for California for a deposition in early November.


No comments: