Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I'm Tired...


I haven't been sleeping well enough I guess the past few nights. I know, I shouldn't watch TV but last night I wanted to see the premiere of Boston Legal. It was a hoot and since on Sunday, I missed the first half hour of Desperate Housewives, I felt I was owed as much. That said, 5 am comes much to quickly, and I was dragging most of the morning but I did manage to get the cooktop cleaned thoroughly, the upstairs dusted and some laundry done before the little son came home from school.

I hope I can believe him that he was good at school today because I couldn't get a hold of his teacher. Maybe she'll call tomorrow, and hopefully he'll keep doing well so that he can play his game cube. I really need to work out a system with her so that I know right away if he's misbehaved but I swear I was talking to a neighbor, she's a teacher too, and she told me that she's too busy write a frown face on a piece of paper. Really that pisses me off, they want parents involved but they don't want to make any kind of an effort. This whole reward thing hinges on the fact that I hear from the teacher that he's been acting out in class...Otherwise what's the point? What's the point of allowing him to play the game cube on days when he's good when I can't get a hold of the teacher and find out if he was good to begin with? If I make him wait to play it and she doesn't call, like today, he'd miss a whole day and what's the point of being good in school?

I guess I'm just frustrated.

No comments: