Thursday, September 22, 2005

Bad day but still accomplishments


Today started off badly, see the post I fired off about Fredo not wanting to go to school this morning. So, finally I get both the kids out the door, on time for the bus to arrive. We stand there with other children and parents waiting. We waited for 40 minutes when finally, we saw a bus come up the street. The bus was empty and the man driving said there were "issues." What kind of issues, I haven't a clue.


Then I come back into the house and mother in law phones, she phones each morning, and asked why I hadn't called her yet. Well because the bus was late. OMG she asks why was it late. I don't know I tell her. She asks about our weekend plans, reminds me for the hundredth time that Survivor is on tonight and asks what I'm fixing for dinner. I explain that I have to pick something up, because tonight is Back-to-School night. Oh, she said, she'd like to come but there is NO freaking way I'm driving to her house to pick her up then driving all the way to school in the opposite direction. She asked if Rainbird was going, I explained that he was likely busy and would have to miss it. Of course that she understands because he has such an important job (whatever).

So, I sit down for a moment and the phone again rings, this time it's sister in law, K. She wants to go to Target, so I tell her to go--I don't need anything there. I know, I was surprised at those words coming from my mouth too. I tell her that I need to go to Costco more. She said she doesn't need anything from there and goes into a mini tirade about why I shop there in the first place. I ask how my nephew is, and she tells me, fine. Then, she tells me, well accuses me that I don't like D, Rainbird's brother. Okay, she had me there, I think D is an abusive cocksucker that doesn't deserve anything and K was better off when he wasn't around (gosh that felt good to say). I lie and say if you're happy that's enough for me. K then tells me that if she is pregnant again, she's keeping the baby because it makes D so happy. I feel my stomach lurch into my throat while wondering why idiots can breed/reproduce without any issues what-so-ever.

After seeing Fredo come off the bus, we got into the car and drove to a very crowded Costco. Of course Fredo was hungry, tired and still whinny from this morning, and somehow thought it was a great time to announce that he wasn't going back to school EVER. So, I decided to inform him that he's going to school tonight (for Back-to-School night). That shut him up and I knew that mouse wheel in his head was turning trying to figure out why we're going back tonight. Maybe he's afraid, I'll leave him there.

When I got home, I got a bug up my butt that I want the furnace checked and gas fireplace looked at, since they say prices of natural gas are going up. Don't get me started on that rant...I'm close to exploding as it is.

I also called for more estimates on gutters. So far the guy that walked passed my house was cheapest. I still don't know though about just hiring him.


No comments: