Friday, September 29, 2006

Please Excuse Me While I Break Down



The Road To Hell

At least that's what I've always heard; the road to hell is paved with good intentions and I had the best of intentions when I paid to have the new dishwasher installed. Rainbird's been so busy lately I didn't want to pressure him and also the enticing ideal of having the old one carted off instead of living in the garage for the next 60 years had something to do with it. However I've come to believe that I was wrong about that.

Of course having the water in the kitchen shut off might have something to do with it. I don't know if the guy that installed it did something to sabotage it, he mentioned a few times that he also installed faucets the first time right after he pointed out a leak. Funny but when I cleaned out the underneath of the sink; nothing at all was wet, including the bag of napkins. I was surprised but I also recalled Rainbird mentioning that the spray thing was leaking a little. After the guy left I noticed water under the sink and of course when Rainbird came home to inspect he noted it. He crawled and stretched under the sink, tightened things up and placed a pot under the sink. He said he'd look at it more when he came home for dinner. I asked if I could run the dishwasher and he said it should be fine so I did. I also neglected to check again for water. I was busy being pissed off at Fredo for crying at school and making me come and get him (more about that later).

I cooked dinner and since the TV wasn't on, I could hear water dripping, I opened the cabinet and saw water dripping from several locations all under the faucet. I tried Rainbird's cell but it was off, so I emailed him then I sent another email and a third, each detailing first the small amount of water, and having him call after reading the one that said there was a couple cups of water in the pot. He called and told me to shut off the water under the sink and explained how I should do that.

He came home while I was taking the kids to back-to-school night, signing up with the PTO and figuring out about parent teacher conferences. Fredo saw his kindergarten teacher and sort of said hi to her and he kinda apologized to his teacher for crying. She was so nice to him and said she'd talk to him about it tomorrow. Meanwhile I was in hell because all he kept saying was that he wasn't ever going to school again. I can't take this shit any longer, it's like a repeat of last year and I'm not going through it again.

He came home, looked under the sink for an hour, and then said he was shutting the water off again. I knew that was bad. He smirked. Oh how he smirked. I knew he didn't want to pay to have the dishwasher installed and I didn't trust him. He quietly announced that we have to replace the garbage disposal, and faucet, adding that we might as well change the sink since I hated it anyway. It would also look nicer having a new sink.

I'm so depressed. I've already spent money on a few holiday gifts and I'm suffering from a huge case of buyer's remorse. Had I known all this would happen, I would have never let that idiot install it, I would have bought a less expensive dishwasher and let Rainbird install it whenever he had the time.

I guess the crux is that I hate it when he's right. Lately he's been right a lot and it's just getting to me because I'm questioning everything.

© 2006 Whimsical Ranter
All Rights Reserved


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Lately he's been right a lot..."

Just don't let him hear you say that ;) lol

You know what, though? Things happen. You didn't know you'd have to replace everything...and even if you were motivated by "selfish" reasons, having a dishwasher installed is hardly offensive. You just had some bad luck. At least you're getting a new sink out of the deal ;)

Melanie said...

Look on the bright side. Maybe he'll fuck it up so much that you'll get a whole new kitchen out of it.

Whimsical Ranter said...

The Mrs

Yes and he's well aware he's been right, he keeps reminding me.

Melanie

No such luck, he's pretty good with plumbing issues. It did take him a couple hours and I owe him oral.

BUMBLE!!! said...

Good luck getting the whole life scenario (sink and kid) squared away and getting back to your happy place...

Take care and have a better week.

Anonymous said...

It must be sabotage on the part of the idiot installer. He's in cahoots with the whole kitchen appliance/remodel people.

Or maybe your husband paid idiot guy off to screw up so he would be "right a lot", and you'd be all impressed with his plumbing prowess.

Unknown said...

Yea, I am not trusting toward those "installation" people. Instead of having someone come out and installing DishTV and having to sign a lengthy contract, I just went and bought the receivers myself and am using the satellite that was left by my "tenants". However, upon investigating the cabling downstairs, it had been completely changed by the guy who had "installed" the satellite for my "tenants". It is so fucked up I can't tell which line runs to what fucking room and which fucking outlet in which fucking room, so I am stuck with my TV on the wrong side of the room, on an end table instead of my entertainment center as my entertainment center will not fit on that side. UGH. I am just frustrated.