Thursday, September 21, 2006

How Do Conspiracies Get Started?



How can someone wake up in the morning and decide that the Holocaust was a lie and how can the same people decide that 9-11 was simply a government plot? I wonder if people from my grandmother's generation wondered if Pearl Harbor was a government conspiracy too? I doubt it; this seems in my opinion to be more recent. Our government has admitted lying in the past it must mean that every major event is now a lie. The government had JFK murdered, the Holocaust didn't happen (the Jews shown in photographs said to be mass graves were only sleeping after having been on a hunger strike for a few weeks). I remember someone trying to convince me that Vietnam was all about oil but if that region of the world did have more oil than the Saudis, don't you think someone would have found it by now?

Do these things start out as rumors and the more they are repeated the more likely they're true? I'm not going to mention the website that pontificates that 9-11 didn't really happen and yes that's exactly what they did say on their website within a year of the event. No plane hit the pentagon, they "reported" and the twin towers were systematically leveled because the New York Port Authority didn't have the money to keep up the buildings or some other nonsense. They have an answer for everything but they twist it. The print media reported just the day after the event across the country about the families who received phone calls from the planes. Some did report they were told the plane was going to land…etc. Of course we know now that didn't happen but, by these people it's twisted into the idea that the planes indeed did land, people were taken off, and either given new names, etc, or killed at the behest of the government. Bombs brought down the twin towers because a reporter that day said it looked as though they came down like a demolition. Well, they did but not because of bombs but because of a chain reaction that caused it to collapse on itself.

They claim because some people were only mildly burned that the fire wasn't hot enough but we also know that is not entirely the case. I could go on, but my stomach is turning. Is there a way to take over a country without launching a coup or firing a shot? Is it through media that we are truly most vulnerable? I don't know but I do know the first time I heard of the conspiracy surrounding Pearl Harbor I was in High School, third period American History. The teacher presented it as fact and gave me a C in that class because I was blind as far as she was concerned. I had a hard time believing it but with the way it was presented by her, it was compelling. I remember spending hours in the library reading everything I could get my hand on and I wrote a report about why that theory was wrong. This was long before the internet which could have made things much easier but she didn't read it, I know that because I had stuck the pages together in the corner. She read likely the topic gave me a D saying that my information was flawed.

Flawed? I guess I got a D because my opinion of the facts differed from hers.

My God Can Kick Your God's Ass

Isn't that how it's gotten lately? President Bush talks about how we have righteousness on our side, and the other side claims that God willing we'll be destroyed. This is something that has bothered me for sometime now even before 9-11.

Years ago in San Francisco a little boy named Kevin Collins went missing, he was never found. Fast forward more than a decade to Elizabeth Smart, and her father saying that he knew God would return her because they trusted in him so much or something like that. What about all the other children that are abducted by strangers? What about Polly Klaas? Did she suffer and die because her parent's didn't believe in God hard enough? If they had maybe she would have lived? What about Kevin Collins? I guess being that he was lost in a godless city like San Francisco doomed him from the start. I think reading Dan's blog yesterday got me thinking, is Pat Robertson's God better than anyone else's?

Is It Just Me?

Do we really need a Terror Alert system? It's kinda like the Doomsday Clock, if you think about it. Midnight on the clock is bad, and red on our terror alert is bad…If we do go to code plaid don't you think everyone will know about it?

Speaking of the Doomsday Clock, it's currently set to 7 minutes to Midnight and has been there since 2002. I'm sure if Iran and North Korea continue their currant path, it will only be a matter of time before we're closer to midnight than we've been in a long time.

Did anyone see the show Jericho last night? Do we actually need to be reminded on a weekly basis that all life as we know can be over? Don't we get enough of that from the news? In any event I watched and found it to be Lost but instead of an island, it's in Colorado. They mention Denver and Atlanta getting blown off the face of the earth, but don't know if anyone else, save for themselves are still around. I'm willing to bet lots of people are alive and will remain so, at least until the end of the season.

© 2006 Whimsical Ranter
All Rights Reserved


1 comment:

BUMBLE!!! said...

I actually wrote a paper for Sociology on Holocaust Revisionism (it has a name) because I wanted to see how people concoct that view. Let's just say, it was a bit odd, a bit (just a bit) anti-semetic, and a whole lot centered around 1) the body count being much lower, 2) Anne Frank's book being rewritten, 3) how things couldn't have happened with Zyklon B since Nazis would have been killed as well, 4) how the camps were more centered around work and A LOT OF CRAP I DON'T REMEMBER. it was interesting when they presented their "facts" but alas having that bit of Jewish blood in me, I have to say that they're all total crackpot scumbags who I can't wait to see what payment karma has for their ridiculously worthless lives.