Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Ramblings on a Wet Tuesday



Okay, I'm Back and This Time I Mean It

Really I do. Lets see during my blogging absence a lot has happened so I won't dredge the recent past because really it wasn't worth me commenting when it happened. I don't watch Dog The Bounty Hunter and could give to two shits and a shake less for Anna Nicole Smith.

What I've been doing is far less exciting, just hanging out with the kids and playing games on the computer (when I get the time). I finally discovered something that actually does remove the dog smell from furniture, so I've been vacuuming a lot. It's that new(ish) Arm and Hammer stuff that you sprinkle. If you used to use it years ago and weren’t impressed (like me) I have to say I was impressed with this obviously improved product.

Why Must Manufactures Do This?

So the other day, I went to Target, well, Target was the second stop in a Sunday of shopping hell, and was looking for the Swiffer products, which I totally missed because they changed their location and box style!? Years ago there was movie with Michael Keaton called Mr. Mom, where he took over raising the kids when he lost his job and his wife went to work to support the family (this takes place in the early 80’s way before Daddy Day Care). Anywho, he was doing the grocery shopping and the kids are correcting his purchases by saying, Mom doesn’t buy that one, she buys this one and they would identify it color/size/shape. I am shocked now to discover that I also shop by color, I was used to the way the Swiffer wet jet boxes used to look like and the redesigned boxes now made them more difficult to find. In fact, the new design reminds me of a box of crackers more than a cleaning product.

What the Hell???

So, I'm walking around in my local Mervyn's and I overhear some store clerks talking about how Target Corp (who owns the Mervyn's chain) is pulling out of Oregon. I'm wondering now where will I buy all the kids clothing? It sounds like Kohl's is buying most of Mervyn's old locations; I really hope it’s worth it.

Dishwasher Dreaming

Ever since I started complaining the dishwasher wasn't working right to anyone that would listen, it's been working fine, and I'm wondering if it’s the calm before the storm. This week, possibly tomorrow, I'm going out to look at new ones and of course I'm bringing some dishes along. I know what I want, I want a stainless steel tub, I want a dishwasher that’s whisper quiet, and will fit all my dishes. Oh and I want it at an excellent price.

I'm glad that I have time to search for the right one, instead of having to run out and buy something just because they can deliver it in a day.

Family News

The kids are doing okay at adjusting to the whole back-to-school routine and I'm kind of surprised, though Fredo's teacher did call me to ask about him not eating his lunch. I swear that kid is waiting for them to change the lunch schedule to better fit with his eating habits. I told her that he eats plenty at home, and when he gets really hungry I'm sure he'll eat something. He probably skips the sandwich just so he can be first for recess. I keep sending him to school with sandwiches (each day they’re cut different so people don’t think I'm sending him with the same one each day…LOL). So far, his teacher seems nice enough; I'm just hoping that he's not too far behind.

Piss-boy isn't happy at all with amount of school work/homework he's been getting from his new teacher. If he doesn't finish something in class she makes them bring it home to finish it here (read at home)...how horrible of her! I'll bet she has a huge wart on her nose and keeps a broomstick in her closet. He'll get over it.

Rainbird's been working so hard lately we hardly see him, and when we do, he has to make snarky comments about the house or kids, so I am really pissed at him most of the time. Maybe I'm just being defensive?

Today's Agenda

I'm going to wash all the family socks and underwear, and maybe a few of the kids other clothing. I'll sweep and vacuum, then maybe hang up all those clothes that are currently on the floor of Fredo’s bedroom. I really need to get in there and start cleaning it up but I'm afraid he'll be pissed off.

© 2006 Whimsical Ranter
All Rights Reserved



2 comments:

Unknown said...

whatever. you said it before, what makes us think you will return to our little blogging world??!?! LMAO

i cut my fucking knee at work really, really bad. i gouged it, actually. hopefully it'll heal okay. you will have to read up on all the shit that happend in my blog tomorrow.

i am too tired to blog tonight.

BUMBLE!!! said...

Welcome back!!

Hopefully the new replacement for Target won't be so blindingly red!!

Have a good 1.