Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Random Thoughts Of Whimsy



Not Only Am I Blonde but Apparently Stupid Also


Over the weekend I decided to shave my legs, which sorry, hasn't been for sometime and me always looking for a time saver decided to try that Veet stuff they advertise on TV. I put it on my legs and that all so important bikini area and ended up losing 90% of my bush. It itches like a muther fucker.

Further evidence (as if any more was needed) of my Blonde history can be found here.

Blast From the Past


I was just spending a little time reminiscing about the way San Francisco was when I was a kid. Wonder if anyone else remembers going down Mission Street on a jitney?

TV Has Fucked Us Up, Now TV Can Fix Us


Dr. Phil has certainly started something; a new pop pseudo-shrink has entered the scene. There’s also a couple new shows on HGTV they are calling Design Therapy. Pediatricians caution that the wrong TV shows can rot children's brains so I have to wonder what it does to the adult brain, guess it rots our brains too, just maybe slower.

Finally

News media reported yesterday that Steve Irwin the famed Crocodile Hunter has died. I feel rather mixed about his passing considering how passionate he was about animals and environmental issues, but the truth is he died, so to speak, with his boots on, doing what he loved. I guess that's way to go.

Did you know that his wife Terri is from Oregon and the pair were married in Eugene? This Ranter’s thoughts rest with the family at this difficult time. No pithy comment from me on this.


© 2006 Whimsical Ranter
All Rights Reserved

8 comments:

BUMBLE!!! said...

At least the doc had a sense of humor!!

Time will make the itching go away. At least if the times I have had my back shaved translate at all to what it is like to have the girly zone shaved.

Have a good 1.
RIP Steve IRwin.

Whimsical Ranter said...

"Girlie Zone" LMAO I love that.

dsgsdhysdfh said...

ACK! Itching!!! LOL Oh man, I giggled my way through this post, because I know that feeling all too well....;)

I want a Swiffer Wet Jet myself. When I buy one, I'll ask you how to change the batteries =D

Anonymous said...

Terri Irwin's parents still live in that general area. My IL's have bumped into them a few times. They live in Florence.

RIP Steve. Like you said, he went doing what he loved.

(I am laughing at you and your bare girly zone....BTDT. If you keep it like that though, the itching goes away lol)

Bridget

Anonymous said...

I get rid of unwanted hair the "old school" way - with the razor and foam. No chemicals going near my girly zone, took me 13 years to earn that!

What's a swiffer wet jet and why does it need batteries? Sounds kinkay!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Nice to meet another SAHM. I like your site, anyone with a dog named Dumbass is okay in my book.

Melanie said...

I had the same problem with my wet jet.

Whimsical Ranter said...

Chick--I love my swiffer wet jet...It's really cool. Don't ask me how to change the batteries though, ask The Bionic Woman.

Bridget--I used to totally shave a few years ago but stopped. Now I'm used to my furry self. LMAO.

I feel so bad for Terri Irwin.

Abbynormal...Love your name--anyone that admits to being abbynormal is okay in my book! You can find out about swiffer wet jets by going to www.swiffer.com.

Melanie...yeah it's very tricky. Funny but I don't remember it being that much trouble when I bought the thing.

Unknown said...

i don't like swiffers, they are harder to use than a freakin deck mop that i wring out by hand. at least i know how to make it work

girlie zone, dan kills me.

thanks, my heads itching now.

who are the new chickies???

i finally finished my first assignment to be turned in for school. i pulled an all nighter last night; i am too old for this shit