Monday, July 18, 2005

Time for a real update

Well, today has been the first day that I've been able to relax a little. Did very little housework, though the house needs a thorough going over. I woke up this morning and started calling places about our A/C, and got really lucky. I guess everyone was calling all weekend for service. The guy was at our house by 9:15 AM by 11 he was finished and we were again cool. The temps today reached 95 here so much for living in the cold, raining, Pacific Northwest. Dh went to work late because he wanted to be here when the AC person came. After he left for work, I set out exploring this new computer and have decided that I really like it a lot, couldn't really enjoy having it since I was so pissy about the A/C. I loaded a whole lot of music into my iTunes and have been listening to my "chick" music all day! Right now, I'm listening to some new age music from this old PBS show called In Search of Angels, when I first watched the show I loved the music and traveled I don't know how far to Tower Records to buy it--Something I hardly ever do at least since graduating high school. Speaking of High School, my 20th reunion was this past weekend, I guess in the Bay Area. I had heard some rumblings about it. Let me tell you about my graduating class. 20 years ago we were seniors, and lost spirit week to sophomores. Yes, we truly stunk as a class. I heard about 40 people were going. Typical...All the geeks, and the women they wanted to screw in the same room.
Today, I also found that I have MSN for messaging. Weird this time it actually works (never could get it to work before). I guess a lot of people have it, so it's all good. I don't really care what I use, but MSN for Mac's isn't that great.

I've also decided to start working on my novel--which I've never finished. Poor Cassie has been stuck somewhere for so long, she likely doesn't recall who her husband is anymore. I'll say it again, I doubt the thing will ever be published but one can dream; can't they?

I've taken to calling my older son "Piss Boy" from the Mel Brooks movie History of the World Part One. There's the scene when all weathly are milling about, and Mel Brooks plays the royal piss boy (the person that goes around carrying the bucket for the king and others to piss in). Just tonight, I said [to him], "oh Piss Boy, please take the clothes out of the dryer and put the clothes in the washer into the dryer and turn it on." He groaned because I interpreted his game time, but went upstairs to do it. When he came down, he asked what did you call me?

I told him that I called him by his name. He said nothing else.

I'm such a good mom.


2 comments:

Melanie said...

Piss Boy. I love it.

So...I guess you're about 38 years old, huh?

Whimsical Ranter said...

yeah, eventually I'll have to come clean with the kids, they're getting suspicious about me only being 29