Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Outside Looking In

I looked at my reflection in the window as I was standing outside smoking a cigarette and wearing my "fat" clothes, and pondered if I really look that fat. A quick examination of myself rendered the decision that yes, I am just that fat. Not curvaceous, not sexy, but fat. I thought about it all night and decided that it was time, so I started the Atkins thing again this morning. Last time after doing it for two weeks, I never lost an ounce, but that said, my clothes did feel looser I suppose.

In any event I'm trying it again.

I also decided that my family room needs a few things, can't eat might as well redecorate (my poor husband will LOVE that). We've been living here for just over a year now, and we still haven't put the sconces up on the walls and I don't know if we ever will. I guess that's going on husband's five year plan. I also told my husband that I will be happy to mow the front yard, if he'll do the edging and older son can pull weeds. I think he would love to see me do it and I in a moment of weakness feel it would be another way to get some exercise.

Tomorrow I'm taking the older child to get some clothes (some for school but he doesn't know about that--so don't tell him), and some clothes for his trip with husband. They're going to go hunting for Thunder Eggs in Oregon. Don't know how much though that will set us back, since digging for them is free (they even loan you a shovel and pick) but they charge you by the pound, then they charge you to cut them.

Back to me and shopping. I'm going to Target, Mervyn's and probably Cost Plus.

Just spoke to inlaws--They have a friend that lives up here now, and she's going out to dinner, and has apparently mentioned this dinner several times to inlaws, well, mother-in-law is now convinced that this friend is just "digging it in" to her. She said they will likely be home tomorrow because they're waiting for the builder to come to their house because they will have owned it a year soon and they need some things fixed. I told her this morning that I'm going shopping whether they can come or not (I'm sure as hell not waiting for them to "fit" it into their schedules). I know exactly what will happen, they won't be able to go, I won't go and decide to wait, then each week it will be other reason that they couldn't go. Finally, I'll get fed up and go without them and have to lie about it. Or I'll get fed up go without them and then, I'll hear, "well we need to go to Target." I'm just not falling for it this time.

Well, going upstairs to do another load of laundry. Next post here will be about where the socks disappear to I'm sure.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I felt the same way when I looked into the mirror. That's why I'm dieting. You'll do great Kelly.

Whimsical Ranter said...

I'm feeling good but I'm not sleeping.