Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Here's Lucy!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I decided to sweep the deck, why when my kitchen needs sweeping? Because sometimes it's more fun to sweep outside than inside I suppose. So, I pick up the mat by the door, hang it over the side of the deck (its a two story deck), and start shaking. I drop the mat. It lands on dh's canopy that covers his precious hot tub. Can you say FUCK? I knew you could. The mat is heavy made from old tires or some shit, and I can see it actually starting to rip the canopy.

I take a long broom handle and flip it onto the ground. I'm barefoot, so I call for "piss boy" and send him down the steps (I call them death steps), to retrieve the mat. Meanwhile I start sweeping again and after dusting piss boy with leaf debris he returns. While I was doing that, though, I swept the extension cord for the lights dh has going down the death steps. It's dangling off the side of the deck...

"Oh piss boy," I call
"Now what?" He replies.
"I seem to have swept the cord out on the side of the deck." I inform him.
"What cord?" he asks, clearly stalling.
"The cord for the lights." I patiently explain.<>
"What lights?" He asks with a sweet smirk on his face.

I explain that he must get down and try to reach under the deck to retrieve the cord. He said he could reach it from below, I further explained that he's too short.
"Just do it." I say trying not to loose my temper.
He groans like his father as he gets down on his hands and kneels and lays on his belly, stretching his arm under the deck slats. I can clearly (peering over the railing) see that he had hold of it, but let go.
"I can't reach it." Piss boy informs me.

I explain to him that I saw him touch it. Begrudgingly, he does it.

I wrap the cord around the post, so that it doesn't happen again and piss boy returns to his video game.

No comments: