Monday, April 10, 2006

No School Tomorrow?



This is the question Fredo asks each and everyday at least once, though he used to ask it more often. He’ll get excited if I say no but if I say “yes,” you can feel the life being sucked out of the room. I know he’s improved greatly but I just wish school wasn’t such a struggle for him, and I guess what I really wish were that I could just flip the ‘learning’ switch that is likely located deep inside his brain.

Coffee troubles

I’ve been having issues with my not just my coffee maker but with my own mind and neither will be resolved anytime too soon. Each night, I clean thoroughly my coffee maker, and set it up for the next day but ever so often I find coffee all over the kitchen cabinet, inside the drawer, inside the cabinet because it’s over-flowed for some reason that I don’t understand. In other words, the first time it happened, I figured I screwed up, as well as the second time. The third time happened twice back-to-back and knew then I’d done nothing wrong. The fourth time, I KNOW absolutely I had NOTHING different from the other times I successfully made coffee. It’s really getting on my nerves but short of going out and buying a new machine, I have to live with it and adjust accordingly. By adjust I mean I can’t have hot coffee ready for me when I first get up, and instead have to wait for it to brew, which ironically is the whole point to having a timer.

This morning however I had none of the preparation problems, instead I had brain farts. I’d carry my coffee cup somewhere and set it down, promptly forgetting where I placed it. After searching for the wayward cup, I’d give up, take out a new cup and start over…So far, I’ve done this 3 times and I have no clue where the second cup went to, but I found the first one and still have the third. Can you tell it’s Monday?

Going to the Store

Yesterday, while Rainbird and Piss-boy were out, I told Fredo we were going to store. He looked at me, completely serious and informed me that he’s now six and too old to go to the store with me. I’m so glad he told me that, because now he can’t bitch when I don’t buy him things he likes. Of course he’s not too old to carry those stupid Bart and Homer dolls around with him where ever we go. Those things are seriously ratty looking and my mother-in-law casually mentioned that perhaps I should try to buy new ones but I’m not sure that would fix the problem. What if he wants then to carry around both sets? I don’t think we could find a booth big enough.

Dumbass

Dumbass has really been annoying lately, each night after he settles into his chair, he patiently waits for us to go to sleep, then goes down stairs and sleeps on the upper cushion of my sofa in the living room. He’ll run upstairs then when he hears me getting up in the morning—as though I’m not going to notice that, or the fact that the cushions are squished. For the past few nights we’ve been sleeping with the door closed. Hopefully that might help cure him of this latest annoying habit. If anyone has other suggestions please feel free to email or comment.

And I Thought I would Get Away Without Pulling Weeds

Rainbird suggested since he’s been so busy that I call around to get estimates on having the yard cleaned up again this year. So much so that he’s asked for prices also for maintaining the weeding, mowing, edging and blowing (that’s ‘blowing’ in the technical gardening sense). Two places have given us their estimates both coming in around 700 dollars for clean up. OMyfuckingod!

I told Rainbird tomorrow if the weather is good, since the house is kinda cleaned up anyway (just have to do a little laundry), I’d haul my fat ass outside and pull some weeds. The sweet man found my weeding gloves so that I don’t hurt my delicate *cough* hands.


© 2006

No comments: