Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Tuesday Rambles


Regarding Fredo

They're finally going to test him and give him the help he needs, I suspect it will involve taking the short bus to school but I'm not going to worry about that now. I just hope it doesn't take half the year to figure it out.

Piss-boy is home from school today with a cold and I frankly I was playing around with this and didn't get Fredo up in time to take the bus by his self. I really think he would have gone too. I told him that he'll be riding the bus home by himself this afternoon and hopefully that will go well for him. All Fredo wants is to be "tall" and I wish it were that easy for him.

I don't remember thinking that if I were taller I'd be smarter but somehow Fredo believes that.

Holiday Shopping

We drove 40 miles to the outlet stores and Rainbird turned me loose, I guess he figures that I'm not really spending money if it's for a holiday. I got gifts for his parents, gifts and assorted friends and co-workers. His place of work is weird they buy each other pet gifts…because everyone has dogs. I swear dogs here are HUGE, everyone has one, and that let them know that he was okay because he had one. Thank goodness we didn't have a cat, because the last cat person was removed from the group so to speak and transferred to no man's land. I also got a couple things for Rainbird (and made him carry them store to store). He never once looked in the bag. LMAO!

© 2006 Whimsical Ranter
All Rights Reserved


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good news about Fredo. I think this will probably be the best thing for him and hopefully lots less stressful for you.

What I find most amusing about your post is that you'd ever think that anybody who "knows" you would ever accuse you of being PC, lol.

Unknown said...

Hey! Me and Mom do that. I will have her buy shit, then she doesn't feel guilty cuz I asked and then she has me buy shit and I don't feel guilty . . .

I just can't figure out how CA got some many outfits and toys . . .

Whimsical Ranter said...

Hey Mrs...

The problem I have with shopping early is that once the "season of sharing" is upon us, I usually go out and spend even more. Just my personal duty to the nation's economy. Except this year; no really, this year I double dog swear that I won't do any extra shopping once I'm finished with the boys shopping in early November.

There I said it; as Pharaoh used to say, "So let it be written; so let it be done."

He's had issues for a while now, which is also why I call him Fredo here...If you saw the Godfather movies, Fredo was a good guy but not the sharpest tool in the shed. I do believe that he's smarter than say Forest Gump, or Luka Brasi, but not as smart as say Michael Corleone. What I hope is that once we get him extra help, he can be upgraded to a Tom Hagen--I wouldn't complain.

Whimsical Ranter said...

Cindy--

Yes the more I think about it, the happier I am about Fredo.

And, about the PC thing...I dunno, haven't you noticed that it's way more PC now to say "holiday's" rather than Christmas? I couldn't remember if I ever wrote that we do both Hanuakkah and Christmas here. Well, at least we did.

Whimsical Ranter said...

Tracey,

I am and always have been the great spender of other people's money. I love to shop! I just hate spending [my] money, so I don't do it much.

That said, I did find some things for Bionic's family. She was thrilled.

BUMBLE!!! said...

Good luck with the son. I hope things go smoothly in getting him transitioned. As a teacher (a whole different persona), I know that if a student comes to me with issues that have yet to be given special accountability (my students are adults, so they can express these things better), I have to work things out with them for his or her own best interest until the provisions come in. Testing seems to take forever. The reality is that they might just need accomodations and as a "professional" (theoretically), I should be doing that.

Fortunately, where and what I teach offers that leeway.

+++++

True PC wouldn't even acknowledge either religion's holiday. It would just be "seasons greetings" - as if winter is a reason to celebrate! Damn this cold weather (other than for future opportunities for frozen waterfalls)!!!!!