Monday, October 30, 2006

So Much For an Extra Hour of Sleep



Changing the Clocks or Where is that Fucking Manual?

I'll admit when it comes to putting things together, Rainbird is my man, especially when it comes to making a stereo work. He'll spend hours fiddling with it making sure his equalizer that he's had since High School (read: 25 years) sounds incredible. But if it has a clock, or can be programmed for something, it falls under my realm of the world. Rainbird couldn't program a VCR let alone figure out how to change the time on the thermostat. Honestly I'm grateful that time on Cell phones is automatically set because damn, he can barely take a picture with his cell.

So, I had a feeling I'd have trouble changing the time on the TEAC CD X9 he bought me last year because he programmed the time, and he changed the time when the time change came around last April. It should be noted he also lost the manual. So, it's 1:30 AM on Sunday morning and I have EVERY light on downstairs playing with the remote control trying to figure out how to set the time. Repeatedly pressing the memory/time set button with no results. Searching through drawers trying to locate the missing manual, and wasted 45 minutes online trying to find one there. I could buy one manual online on EBAY for $12.00 but that wouldn't help me NOW; would it?

Finally, I sit on the sofa, an exhausted thoroughly pissed-off mess, and turn it off, when a light went on in my head. While it was still off I hit the Memory/time set button and everything begins to flash. I roll through and it sets the time. It can't be that easy and turn the machine on then off again, but the new correct time is still there. I sigh, relieved and content now that the manual can just remain lost until the next time I need to do something more complicated than turning on the Tuner or Playing a CD.

Well this Takes The Cake

If you watch the show then show Little People Big World on TLC than you might already know that the little boy (non-dwarf) was seriously injured in a pumpkin catapult accident. He had to have emergency brain surgery and is in serious condition (which is hospital speak for could go either way). Well now the people that live around their farm in rural Oregon are not gathering around the family during this tragedy but instead saying that it was their fault, and something should have been done long ago about them…blah, blah, blah.

Speaking of Cake Taking

Apparently Heather Mills takes the cake too when she left her daughter's birthday party. Paul McCartney took their daughter and Heather took the left over cake.

One must have their priorities.

Speaking of Priorities

Freak Michael Jackson is accepting yet another award that he likely paid for. Last I had heard he was living in Saudi Arabia or something like that, but now I guess he's living in Ireland. He will of course appear to accept his award (cough, cough). It should be noted that this is a invite only awards show, so the only fans present will be the ones hand picked and planted by MJ's people.

© 2006 Whimsical Ranter
All Rights Reserved


3 comments:

Unknown said...

the time changed?!?! THAT'S why all the TV shows are on at the wrong time . . .

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, that reminds me. I need to change the clock on the stereo. Oh well, I've got a manual. Somewhere.

BUMBLE!!! said...

MJ has a new album out. Wonder if it will bomb worse than Janet's.

Speaking of little people, Brad Williams, the Mencia sidekick is hilarious. If you ever have a chance to see them do their thing, you should.

Nothing beats watching him lap dance an unsuspecting audience member!!