Monday, October 23, 2006

Busy Weekend and Busier Week Ahead



Good Food, Good Beer and Bad Carbs

I love it when people come to visit because it allows Rainbird and I, though begrudgedly, to go off our diet and eat and drink crap we're not supposed to. For example, Friday I had chicken fried steak and eggs and it was hardly carb worthy but it kind of set the tone for the whole day. After that, eating the elephant ear and drinking a beer (not at the same time) didn't seem nearly as bad. Neither did the mashed potatoes I pretended to pick at until they were all gone that evening at dinner.

Two things I noticed upon eating lots of carbs, Rainbird was back to taking really stinky shits in the morning and I waking up during the night with god-awful (note: not just awful but god-awful) heartburn. Today, it's right back on program…yes, really, our guest is gone, and our excuses have run out. Protein and salad for at the very least a week and doesn't that sound exciting?

Busy Week

It's fall clean-up time around here when I rotate all the clothes and make the kids go through their rooms, to of course to make room for the new stuff they'll surely acquire for the holidays. Today, Fredo needs to go to the dentist, we all need to get flu shots, and it's parent teacher conference day from hell. I'll probably need to get to the market and pick up a few things.

More to Come

I'm running out of time, so I'll either update this later or post tomorrow.

© 2006 Whimsical Ranter
All Rights Reserved


2 comments:

BUMBLE!!! said...

Thanks for the bowel update.

I'm commenting on Madonna right now. Give me 1/2 hour.

Unknown said...

hmm.

k. i missed the bowel update. i musta read too quickly . . .

glad that jamiesummers is doing okay and is getting close to that mark . . . ahhh!!!!!!

babies! they are SO MUCH FUN!!!!!