Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Crap I Don't Care About***Updated***



I really don’t know what to write about, nothing exciting going on. Over the weekend we took the kids to see Ice Age 2, it was playing at one of the really cheap theaters, you know where the whole family can go for $ 8.00, including popcorn, and beverages. The movie itself was pretty stupid and I would have rather seen Over The Hedge, but we’ll have to wait for that one to come the cheap place. I refuse to take kids to the movies and pay a fortune for it, and at current prices even the “matinee” prices are too high. Add in some over-priced candy, and popcorn, quarters for the video games, and one could easily spend a hundred dollars—just to go to the movies!

I don’t watch a lot of TV and it seems there is a reason for it. Yesterday while at the dollar store I spied some Heath bar Fiddle Faddle. YUM! So, I bought a box (I really should have bought more) and at night I was flipping channels with the box beside waiting to come across something good. The box is still full.

Okay, yesterday was 6/6/06. Good grief get over your bible banging selves if you have a problem delivering a baby on that date because you’re afraid of the devil. Doesn’t the media have anything better to report? What’s going on with Bird flu? ABC news is rehashing the same stories about it (I think they just change the date). As you can imagine, no new real news just the same old shit.

But Really, It’s Armageddon


Well really it was a huge dust storm in Arizona yesterday, according to one of the cable news channels (I don’t recall which) sent people scrambling to churches. Kind of a weird thing to happen on devil day, huh, I can imagine some people actually thinking the end was near.

Then of course there are people that take it to the other extreme like the woman in this story you can find here.

More Devil News

The remake of The Omen opened yesterday also, which also is weird that they bothered remaking it at all. I guess, Mia [Rosemary’s Baby] is in the remake. I’m really starting to believe that Hollywood has run out of movies ideas, what with all the remakes of classic films, what’s next? Are we going to remake Citizen Kane? To Kill A Mockingbird or Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? How about a Hollywood movie based on the 80’s TV show, The Greatest American Hero or the A-Team?

© 2006
All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

BUMBLE!!! said...

One who's afraid of Virginia Woolf is definitive (not that Citizen Kane wasn't definitive either), but ET and RB pretty much defined Albee's roles (I was about to say Abbey - always mix the Eds up).

Cheap movie theaters truly are the answer.

The (real) Stepford Wives said...

I agree with Dan!

Nothing strange happened here.