Friday, May 26, 2006

Name That Tune & Other Stuff



Since I'll be away most of the weekend, either cleaning or entertaining guests, I've decided on a two-part Name That Tune question.

First, finish this line: Every time that things go wrong I'm still surprised.

Second, tell me who sang it and what album did it first appear on.


As always prizes awarded for the first correct answer.

Other Stuff

In other news I've been given a reprieve, the person that was supposed to arrive tonight, as opposed to tomorrow with everyone isn't coming until tomorrow (Yay!). That will give me more time to clean the house, so that would explain exactly why I'm on here posting about it.

Nice to know I always have my priorities straight. I have to clean the bathrooms, dust, and vacuum. I already cleaned the kitchen this morning so then I'll just have to keep the kiddies out said kitchen. Does anyone else out there feel somehow energized when it rains? For some reason, I always do. When it's hot outside I hate cleaning. Of course, I always put everything off until the last possible moment, so I consider myself lucky that the weather is what it is today.


© 2006
All Rights Reserved



8 comments:

BUMBLE!!! said...

I MAY BE ON THE HIGHWAY TO HELL, BUT IT LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE ON THE RIVER TO HADES...

But every time that things go wrong you're still surprised
You've done your duty, you've paid a fortune in dues
Still got those Mother Nature's Blues

Styx - Paradise Theater (Nothing ever goes as planned).

BUMBLE!!! said...

Ok, I'll admit I researched the answer because the only thing I remember about Styx is that Henry Rollins used to make fun of them for being a "girl" band and listening to the Mr. Roboto stuff as a young Top 40 head in 1983.

The (real) Stepford Wives said...

No, the next line in that song is....

[but] every time that things go wrong
I'm still surprised
I've done my duty and paid a fortune in dues
Still got them Mother Nature's Blues

It's in the last verse. Before that the song always "you" instead.

It is by Styx on Paradise Theater

So, technically Dan was wrong. You said the first correct answer would win....Right?????

The (real) Stepford Wives said...

well, you pointed me to the right direction. Leave it to Ranter to post a song lyric that isn't easily googled.

BUMBLE!!! said...

That's a C-O-N-spiracy against me, and I demand my kudos for being smart enough to try to google it...

You people don't like me. That's what it is!!

GRRRR>>>>>>>>>

The (real) Stepford Wives said...

Well, your information was just a little bit incorrect.

I know Ranter is busy this weekend, I'm sure she'll do the right thing (like award me the prize) when she returns ;-)

BUMBLE!!! said...

I'm sorry, but I'll be petitioning this to the Supreme Court if I lose...

The right man needs to win, and frankly, that right man is mwah!!

The (real) Stepford Wives said...

Oh no, it doesn't matter because you still answered partly wrong! I'm sure the supreeme court would side with me and say I deserve to win.