Thursday, May 25, 2006

I Should Have Known Better



Rainbird and I have guests flying in this weekend and I have yet to clean up the house for their arrival (aside from cleaning of the carpet in Piss-boy’s room (you can read about that here). It just seems like something was going on all week to prevent it, and on the days when I had the time, it was honestly, too early in the week to start. With the boys, I know if I clean the whole house on Tuesday, by Friday it will look like hell again. So, I got stuck in between the, too-early-to-clean, and nearly-too-late-to-start (insert primal scream here).

Today I have errands to run and grocery shopping to do for the weekend, even though we won’t be eating here, I know I’ll need things for the kids. Thankfully, things are looking good for the kids to go Rainbird’s parents house over night this weekend so, we’ll have more room. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that no one throws up or something else equally stupid that will dash the plans. I think I’ll be keeping the kids home on Tuesday since that’s the day everyone will be leaving, and it will give Fredo, not to mention me, a chance to decompress. When the kids finally go back to school on Wednesday, they will only have 11 days.

Is It Selfish?

Of me to view the end of school year with mixed emotions? On one hand, the boys won’t have to get up so flipping early in the morning to catch the bus for school, which also means that I can sleep in a little too. That said, because the kids won’t be in school means that I’ll have less “Mom time” because the kids will be staying up later at night. I like the way things are now, Piss-boy and Fredo are both in bed by no later than 9:30 PM, and I have the rest of the evening to do as I please, because Rainbird is normally working from home during that time. I can take a bubble bath (okay I don’t do that nearly enough but it’s nice to know that I could if I wanted to), or clean up the kitchen or even spend time trolling other blogs. It’s not about doing any of those things though really, as I’m sure some can related to, it’s more about the quiet. That’s why I like the mornings here too, because I can sit at the computer and have some real quiet time with Rainbird at work and the kids at school (although instead of sitting here I really should be cleaning the house).

I guess I’d better just resign myself now that the house won’t be clean again until September. Next school year will be even more different since Fredo will be school all day long and Rainbird will be up my ass about me finding a “real” job. Maybe that’s the change I really fear?

I’ve Been Touched by His Noodley Appendage

Well Now! Get your minds out of the gutter. If you can stand another post about the Flying Spaghetti Monster or FSM, for short, I have to say I was on the website again yesterday playing the game and laughing hysterically. Give it a try.


© 2006
All Rights Reserved

5 comments:

The (real) Stepford Wives said...

Hail the pseghetti monster.

That's really enough now.

Whimsical Ranter said...

"pseghetti"? I hope that was a typo.

BUMBLE!!! said...

Can't you send your kids off to FSM camp where they get indoctrinated with pirate propaganda and other thoughts while being in the woods and roasting marshmellows, being bit by bugs and other assorted stuff for the better part of a few weeks? Don't forget relatives from afar who can take kids for periods of time...

Don't sell your mom time short.

The (real) Stepford Wives said...

Doesn't everyone call it pseghetti?

Melanie said...

I say put their asses in bed at 9:30 anyway.