Friday, November 14, 2008

Call Me Slacker

Slacker Slacker

Yes, I've been slacking off lately on the whole blog thing, between gearing up for Thanksgiving and the impending doom that is Christmas. I've just been busy. Monday, I cleaned and shampooed 14 year old Pissboy's room, then kinda tried the same in Fredo's room without the same success, but it looks a whole lot better. I also discovered after doing a load of white clothes my front-load washer wouldn't unlock, yes with the clothes trapped inside. Tuesday, I spent much of the holiday stuck in a stylist's chair getting the dark brown stripe removed from the top of my head, then I came home and spent 40 minutes on the phone with the maker of my washer trying to figure out who to call for service--stupid outsorsing. I want my washer fixed not the weather in India though I will try that recipe for Tikka Masala.

I hung up and called Sears they're coming Friday and I hope they fix it. Wednesday, was a field trip with Fredo's class to the mountain by the Ranter Homestead, I didn't ride the school bus with the other parents but instead, just met the class there. Okay, I walked down the street. Did I mention it was pouring rain? Did I mention the wind? Yes, plenty of both but despite the weather I did learn some things I didn't know before. But later I had to memorize my shopping list, so all that new information was promtly forgotten. My brain can only handle so much stuff in it at one time, so when something new is learned something else is pushed out, which might explain why I forgot where I put the shopping list to begin with.

Thursday was quiet, with no clothes wash--I wouldn't take a chance, but I had to watch Mr. Ranter sulk because I told him I couldn't go out to lunch with him because my only pair of pants were dirty from the hike on the mountain. Just puttered and cleaned out the laundry room. Watched a little of the news but got annoyed and shut off the TV. I did watch a little of Survivor last night and I only have one thing to say after however many seasons of that show, how can you NOT know how to make fire using a flint? Fire is a mainstay of the show and everyone that goes on it should know and have practiced before they even auditioned, and certain after they did how to make a fire using a flint.

© 2008 Whimsical Ranter
All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

Judy said...

Ugh - I can only IMAGINE what those clothes are going to be like in the dryer when you finally get it opened!

I'm with you on the Survivor-fire thing. Come ON, people, even I know how to make fire now, and I'm a city girl!

Abby said...

I've wanted a front-load washer for years. My mom actually had one when I was very little. We'd play "spaceman" with it (long story).

I've never watched one single solitary episode of survivor, a feat I'm quite proud of. But I do know how to make fire. I've seen "Castaway" a coupla times.

Hope your appliance repair goes smoothly and you have a great weekend! Blog about it! C'mon!