Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Random Musings on a Tuesday Evening

More Questions Than Answers

I'm an answer person, the person everyone asks questions and I seem to know what to say but lately I'm at a loss. Gas prices are out of control, yet the oil companies are registering record…what's it called...Oh yeah profits. I wonder if the oil companies feel awkward explaining this? I know their shareholders are happy but I'm not a shareholder, I'm pissed off. I don't give a crap what they put their profits into; it's still a profit. That means they made more money than they put out, right? So they're making huge profits and they're trying to justify it by saying that they're reinvesting it.

I'd like to know what they're investing it in because I know damn well it's not on technology that would put them out of business.

In the spirit of trying to save money a friend brought this to my attention but hasn't given me permission to link to her blog so I'll just direct you to the main website.

Aren't we all clipping coupons anyway? I will admit I haven't joined, not sure why except I'm a skeptic and a little pissed off I didn't think of this first. I'm not thrilled with the choice of stores in my area, in fact there is only four, two aren't grocery stores and one grocery store I refuse to shop at—which leaves me with only one grocery store and it's a store I prefer not to shop at. I don't care if green beans are a dollar a pound if they all look like garbage—like they do at this particular store. I also don’t buy a lot of processed foods, so a coupon for Mac and Cheese isn't going to cut it. All that said maybe someone else can use this information…and who knows if prices get higher, I might just join.

It's Almost Over


Our election ballots came in the mail today and Husband's was thick while mine was a paltry single page with what I believe was the word loser scribed in the barcode. I filled out my nonpartisan (cough, loser) ballot and already popped a stamp on it and mailed it back with warning label "do not open until election day," upside down, just to annoy. I know I'm like that but at least now when the calls start coming from Hillary and Obama I can just refer to them to my husband. Well that's opposed to just hanging up saying we've already voted, because he hasn't yet. He loves talking to people on the phone anyway, well not really but whatever. The point is it's almost over and it's about time, really this has to be the longest election in history. I don’t think the elections a hundred years ago when they campaigned by train were this long.

It looks like Obama took South Carolina, and Hillary as expected took Indiana no surprise there but I still don't see how she can win. Unless those super delegates do something weird, which I guess they could but I would think it could just piss off democrats. Well, I guess no matter what happens half the democrats are going to be pissed. McCain better start courting them now, pissed off Hillary voters; seriously if I were McCain I'd start strategizing how to get them because they'll be his key to win. I do believe like Hillary Clinton, the election will be his to lose, meaning he can win it, if he doesn't do or say anything stupid. Should be interesting.


© 2008 Whimsical Ranter
All Rights Reserved


2 comments:

Judy said...

I agree - this primary crap is getting out of hand. Explain to me again why we all don't just hold our primaries on the same day?

I'm having a hard time finding the coupon link on your page - I doubt any stores here are even on "the list" - we're way too po-dunk for that, probably.

Mariposa said...

We have the same crap going on in here! A year ago...my earnings was way high than I need, and within months...boom, it flips...now it seems not just enough! My fuel alone is eating like 1/3 of my total expenses! And to make matter worst, we have rice shortage...and man, we eat rice in all our meals everyday...and the prices...well, it just went up by 20-30% for the last 2 weeks!