Thursday, May 01, 2008

Back in the Saddle

It's Been A While

I know but I'm Finally feeling like my old Ranty self, actually I've been feeling like my old ranty self for a week now, but I had to take my house back first. Not to mention be able to stay up past nine in the evening.

Yes, I've been spending time cleaning, doing laundry and watching a lot of TV. Weird for me because I don't normally do that…clean? No, watch a whole lot of TV.

Tales of Reverend Dumbass

No my dog wasn't made a spiritual advisor, though he likely could be, I'm speaking of Obama's buddy Reverend Wright or Dumbass I as I like to call him these days. I've remained fairly silent on the whole thing mostly because I felt the story was a big nothing or distraction from the real issues. Though I did have serious issues with how a man can say he's been a friend with someone for 20 years and member of his church, and not know about his views.

Then the Rev Dumbass started talking to the media and basically I feel; threw Obama, who I assume he'd want to see elected, under the bus. This made no sense to me at all, I still don't understand it, why talk at all? Why not just keep silent? Obama did the only thing he could and denounced him and it made him look a very tall jackass, since he should have done it a long time ago.

The Media Builds Them Up and Brings Them Down


For months during this LOOOOONG process Obama has clearly been the media darling and perhaps now the tide is shifting to Hilary but I think it's just a little too late. I doubt she will be able to pull enough delegates, short of Obama doing something incredibly asinine.

Did you happen to catch Hillary on Bill O'Reilly? I think she did a marvelous job and it would have been nice to see her do that from the beginning of this election. While I've said in the past that I don't like her, she was far more likeable than she's ever been in the past to me. Also, I did like some of her ideas, with the exception of illegal immigration. Which no candidate is going to anything about.

What Am I Missing?

What is the big deal with all these mostly radio jock (itch) people, using Obama's whole name? Barack Hussein Obama. What is the deal with that? They don’t do the same for Clinton or McCain. I get the whole Islamic thing, but Hussein is actually a common name. Do these same people have an issue with Cassius Clay Jr changing his name to Muhammad Ali? Are we supposed to hate him now because he picked a Muslim name and forget the fact that he changed it decades ago? It's not that they use [the middle name] it but how they say it, like they're talking about Mark David Chapman or Lee Harvey Oswald. It's creepy.

Obama was named that, as far as I know, back in 1961 he didn't just change his middle name recently. Seems odd to me that it's such an issue. Of course these are the same pundants that claim they're not going to vote for McCain because of some his views. Then again maybe that's for the best.

At Long Last

I'm seeing signs of spring. The azaleas are blooming, the lilac is full of flowers, and everything is coming up with weeds. I'd love to say I'll be spending this weekend doing gardening but I'll be too busy…well, we'll just say that I'll be too busy because I despise all gardening. I love the idea of a perfectly manicured garden, but I don’t want to put any effort into having one.

So, Is There Anything Else?

Let me think for a minute. Um no. Over a month since my last real post and I got nothing.

© 2008 Whimsical Ranter
All Rights Reserved





2 comments:

Judy said...

Yeah, I'm getting really tired of the full name spread on Obama...we all know his name...and he didn't choose it, just like I didn't choose my name.

Have fun avoiding the flowers this weekend! Tee hee!

Mariposa said...

Tales of Reverend Dumbass - a pretty nice title huh?! I have somebody who would fit for this...LOL

Have a nice weekend!

P.S. Your comment made me chuckle! Thanks!