Monday, May 05, 2008

Can I Get a Little Cheese to with this Whine?

Is it Any Wonder?

Okay, I understand gas prices are out of control and that is making food prices to rise but my god this is getting ridiculous. I feel like I'm being gouged now. It's getting to the point where I won't be buying anything except for what is absolutely needed. No fun food, like chips, cheese puffs, and other crap, which I know, kids or adults don't need to survive but that’s only because the general cost of fruit and vegetables has doubled in some areas. Yet I can still get (if I wanted to) 4 boxes of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese for a dollar. Is it any wonder Americans are getting fatter?

Two Part Irony or Bad Omen

I'm sure everyone heard about †he Kentucky Derby and horse Eight Belles who was put down immediately following the race after breaking both her ankles in a freakish accident. Well, here is the ironic part of this story. Hillary Clinton was encouraging her supporters to "cheer" for Eight Belles, since she was the only female running in the race. I think Ms Clinton felt a certain kinship with the horse.

As most people know Eight Belles did finish the race and came in second. So people that bet on her to come in second won, but in a presidential race coming in second means you lost. The horse she lost against is called Big Brown. Maybe it's an omen for Hillary Clinton to hang up her spurs?

Oh The Pain, the Pain of it All

I'm cutting this short tonight because my back is killing me and I'm thinking I threw something out of alignment trying to close my freaking kitchen window a couple days ago. The damn thing opens fine but NEVER wants to freaking close and I can't get close enough to close it without wrenching my back. Let's hope the pain is only temporary.

For Your Viewing Pleasure

A friend of mine sent this to me and I thought I'd share with all moms out there with more than one boy!

Enjoy!




© 2008 Whimsical Ranter
All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

Judy said...

OH.MY.GOODNESS!!!!

That is TOTALLY my life in about 15 years!!!! That is a hysterical video - I just might have to snag it for my site this week!

As for the price of food, you aren't kidding. We increased our grocery budget because I was convinced the boys were eating us out of house and home. The real issue is that the grocery store is stabbing me in the wallet every week!

Anonymous said...

Oh God, this is SO my life right now...