Monday, May 21, 2007

Whoosh!



Another Week Just Flew By

And what do I have to show for it? Nothing not even a funny kid story… My life right now is so dull I can hardly stand it. I can't even blog about things that piss me off because nothing right now is pissing me off. I know give me time, I'll think of something.

It's raining here today, I know, I live in the Pacific Northwest what else is it supposed to do, beside rain? Sighs I'm just never happy; by July I'll be screaming for rain and none will be in the forecast. I am looking forward to summer though I have nothing planned except to stay home, keep the house clean, and watch the grass grow.

Have I Ever Mentioned I hate Gardening?

I love the idea of a garden I just hate taking care of it, but it looks as though my luck has run out because Rainbird has decided that we'll hire a gardener to take care of the front yard, I'm sure the neighbors will be thrilled. The problem is I need to pull all the weeds other wise the gardener is going to charge us 400 bucks extra to clean it up. I'm not thrilled about this idea and to me, it's well worth the 400 bucks to just have them do it…but Rainbird is being cheap and said no. I know it's a lot but and I don't have a lot to do during the day, unless you count cleaning, cooking, and shopping or thinking about shopping at Target.

Memorial Day is Coming

I can't believe the kids are almost out of school and I haven't a clue what I'm going to do with little Fredo all summer long, because God knows I don't want him forget everything he's learned this past year. I'd really like to keep him out of summer school forever but that's going to take a lot of work. As you know I don't care much for work.

Spring is giving up the fight and all the wonderful flowers and plants are starting to fade already, and that adds to my sadness, well maybe sadness isn't the right word. I just feel gloomy when my excitement of spring dies with blooms. I know its part of the cycle of life and all that crap, but still there is a bit melancholy watching the spring flowers fall off the branches. I still hate gardening. I hate the rain.

It's Not that Bad. Really.

Spring will give way to summer, and with summer comes fun, right? I already said I don't know what I'll do with the kids this summer but maybe I'll surprise myself. I've already started thinking of things we can do, which are mostly free since Fredo is a sketchy about trying new things. We'll work on that too this summer. It's going to be fine, at least that's the mantra I keep telling myself.

Besides, I just walked down the street in the pouring rain to get the mail, I have a roast cooking in the oven and I walked into the house, inhaled sharply; it smelled like home. How bad can life be with a roast in the oven, the kids quietly doing homework, the kitchen kind of clean, and the table cleared of junk? If you ask me, life is damn good.

© 2007 Whimsical Ranter
All Rights Reserved

No comments: