Tuesday, January 24, 2006

What Is It Now?


It would seem that is my mantra for the day. Let's see, where exactly to begin? Rainbird decided a couple months ago, he hates all candles in the house and made me get rid of them all, of course these are scented candles and he does have allergies so, I shouldn't be complaining too much. I went out and bought a few unscented ones, then a few more. Why should I deny myself candles because he has a few allergies and occasionally suffers from asthma? After all, I clean the house every week, well, okay, I don't actually clean the house every week, but I think about it and that should count.

In any event it needs to be said, we were at war over candles, and finally reached a resolution. I'm allowed to have no more than 3 candles in each large room, smaller rooms I'm limited to only 1 and none can be scented. Fine, neither got what they wanted, but I wonder how long it will take for him to notice that I actually get more candles than I had before?

On to subject number two: Cleaning. As I stated earlier I do clean on occasion, but would rather spend time thinking about cleaning than actually the cleaning its self. It's just not high on my priority list; I'm sorry but it's true, sometimes Dr. Phil is more interesting to watch than vacuuming the carpets or dusting. I now pay my older son 10 dollars every two weeks to empty the dishwaher on demand (smartest thing I've ever done). After all, I do my part by having the computer remind me daily what household task is to be completed, I see the notes when they pop up, at 6AM, and promptly delete. Okay, I do all this before I've had adequate coffee and it quickly slips my mind. Is that my fault? Furthermore, so what if I spend weekends doing laundry? Its better than running around with Rainbird to play family when he gets that urge--especially, when he picks things that I find incredibly dull, and believe me, if I find them dull, you know that Piss-boy and Fredo aren't too excited about it either. Fredo starts whining, Piss-boy starts sniping at everyone, Rainbird yells and we all go home pissed off. Doesn't that sound like fun? Still he bitches about it. What the fuck does he care, he's never home anyway and when he is, he's sleeping or working anyway.

Besides isn't it nice to start the week with clean clothes?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can we throw our DH's in a house together, the kids in another and you and I can have the third one to ourselves? Why are men such idiots?

Melanie said...

Can I bunk with you two?

Anonymous said...

I'm coming too.