Thursday, February 12, 2009

Random Stupidity

Sometimes I'm just not that bright. I left towels in my dryer for two days, then washed them only to forget them again. What have I got against my towels? Aside the fact they're ugly but I'm not wasting the money replacing them, nothing is wrong with them. I loaded the dishwasher but didn't turn it on (you know it works better when it's been on). I haven't made my bed, well that's normal for me.

I just have a case of the I don't wannas. I don't want to do these things I know I should do. I had a kid home from school two days this week. One on Tuesday and the other one today. When I started running the vacuum I'd get the old...Mom I'm trying to sleep like you told me...blah blah...

I did clean two of our three bathrooms...but the third, which is the smallest and the one guests would see if we had any, is horrible. Seriously, the mens room at the Unocal station is probably cleaner. It's the "go to" toilet everyone, except me, uses. I'll admit it, I use the clean bathroom upstairs...might catch something using the one a few yards from me.

I would love to blame it on the winter dooldrums but it's not, our weather of late has been fairly rain free, peppered with only the occasional nonsticking snow (which is just the way I like it). Snow is expected tomorrow but eh whatever, I don't think it's going to be a big deal.

I am itching however for Spring, and growing weary seeing the dead looking trees, and monochromatic landscapes. I'm starting to long for varying shades of springtime colors and warmer daytime temperatures. Until then....



© 2009 Whimsical Ranter
All Rights Reserved


3 comments:

Dan said...

But tomorrow is Valentine's Day, and hopefully, the husband comes up big for the holiday (maybe some perty new towels)!

Have a good 1!!

Judy said...

I hear ya - I could care less about cleaning, doing laundry, cooking - the dust bunnies alone are proof-positive of how much I don't care. There will come a day, though, when it completely consumes me, and that'll be the day Scott and the boys find "other things to do" and stay faaaaaar away from me!

Anonymous said...

I can relate to you...

Happy (belated) Hearts Day!

Hope yours was a good one.


(((HUGS)))