Monday, December 01, 2008

Name That Tune

Question is the first Beatle song that featured George Harrison playing the sitar (not the regular guitar).

Hint: In the 60's Ravi Shankar is credited with teaching George Harrison how to play the sitar, which he later used on several Beatles albums and songs, but I'm looking for it's first appearance.

Bonus points if you can tell me what album it was on and the year. Partial points if you can just guess the album.

And I am working on making an award.

4 comments:

Judy said...

Within Without You from Sgt. Peppers???

Judy said...

Whoops - that's Within You Without You...but I'm pretty sure that's not the right answer anyway.

Dan said...

Norwegian Wood - 1965 Rubber Soul

Thanks for the Myspace shoutout.

Unknown said...

of course bumble would. he is THE dude. still bummed he didn't take me to the big and rich concert tho, i mean, i am so close . . . sniff