Sunday, August 17, 2008

It's Still Hot But Again...

Summer Is Holding On By Her Fingertips

At least around here we were slammed with temperatures past the century mark, and it's followed up by what? Rain. Heavy rain & gale force winds. Surprised? Anyone familiar with the pacific northwest might say no, but to those that live here, the answer is a resounding yes. Of course we're used to summer rains, but it's normally light, and billowy and doesn't keep you from enjoying the outdoors. Not to mention few and far between.

This is different though, as people are desperate to try to enjoy the remaining weeks of August we go from hot to cold back to hot again. If that doesn't screw with your mind, body and don't forget sinuses, nothing will.

Actually this summer hasn't been too bad, but it's inevitable end has the kids climbing the walls with the kind of anticipation of rather Olympic proportions.

Speaking of the Olympics

I don't know if it's because it's been on so late at night or what, but I've been glued to the TV in renewed interest. Surprisingly so, but it could be also because there is NOTHING on TV anyway. I'm kinda enjoying the fact that all the kids can watch this with me, if they choose to, with or without video games of the hand held variety.

Could it Be?

I'm actually sad to see the summer end and school begin. Well, don't tell the kids but yeah I am. I hate the idea of getting up in the morning to get the little one on the bus, arguing with the teen about homework and everything in between. I'm dreading IEP meetings, and hearing the little one complain about how much he hates school and how they want him to learn stuff. Imagine going to school to learn stuff? I've just enjoyed not having to worry about that crap and I hate idea of it all starting again.

Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor?

I've been buying lottery tickets and sharing them with my teen son. We use the winnings (if any) to buy more tickets...I know, I'm horrible. So far we're won 23 dollars! Not bad for a 2 dollar ticket. He's also becoming a wine aficionado.

How To Get Something Done

My wonderful husband built his own bar area in the basement room we have, it's freaking beautiful and I've commented that he could build furniture. He's afraid that I would make him build me furniture. He's always said that he can't. Whatever. Today, I'm down in the basement, and he comments that he needs a table to go beside the futon we acquired from a friend of ours. I told him to build one, but he said no he couldn't. I told him to just make a box...he got all pissy about it and now is out to prove to me that he build something better than "just a box." He never saw it coming.

Shout Out to AbbyNormal


I was driving down the road today and I saw a car and license plate read:

Aabynrml
Somehow it just made me think of you.

Welcome to Blogger!

© 2008 Whimsical Ranter
All Rights Reserved


2 comments:

Judy said...

COOL plate! HAHA I would have totally blogged it, too, just for Abby!

We're having total rain this week - which bites since I have a SWIM PARTY planned for a 9 year old birthday party this weekend. Oh joy! We're in a draught for most of the summer until THIS WEEK - lovely, huh?

Abby said...

ACK! What's with that license plate?!

We went from hot and dry to rain forest. Now my backyard beach is a weed lot. Will your husband build me a box for the weeds??