Thursday, November 08, 2007

At the Risk of Sounding Xenophobic?

Since I'm So Freaking Busy These Days

I don't have the time to a real formal post right now so I'll just pose this question for anyone to answer. With all the problems recently involving imported toys from China, and another toy added to the list, should we stop having toys manufactured overseas? Is there any way that we can effectively know for certain all goods shipped from China are safe, let alone not constructed with the sweat of children? Given the problems that Mattel and other toy companies have had and frankly I don't give a shit if they were subcontractors or the actual manufacturers in China...to me that doesn't matter because no one is watching them. Not even our government. Well until now...but then I read this....

Read this and then tell me what you think.

© 2007 Whimsical Ranter
All Rights Reserved



5 comments:

Judy said...

I do believe this might be the new form of terrorism. Kicking us where it hurts - our children's health.

Anonymous said...

Its amazing how sadistically greedy people who do ANYTHING to make money including putting children at risk. There are people here in the states who would take such risks in a heartbeat. But unlike in the U.S., China seems to not give a flying flip about children either. Unless of course its their OWN male children.

It really sickens me.

BUMBLE!!! said...

I personally don't think that any kid anywhere deserves Christmas presents.

I'm referring specifically to the incident where my sister and I were given coal as kids. We were left to stew on the coal under the tree for the better part of a half hour (at least) until my parents brought out the real presents that were hidden on the back porch.

As a result, I feel all children should understand the idea of to want things.

Of course, I could also be trying to be funny, but alas.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I heard about this date rape drug toy. And have you heard that Curious George is loaded with lead, too? Who needs a grinch when we've got China?

Anonymous said...

Preach on Sistah Whimsy.