Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Ramblings on a Too Hot Tuesday



Who Knew

The weather here could get so freaking hot? When we moved here the only thing people fixated on was the fact the winters are dark, wet and cold. No one told us that the summers are HOT, HOT, HOT! It just sucks and I'll freely confess when the mercury hits the century mark I don't want to leave the house. I melt into the furniture despite the AC going around the clock set to a still warm 73 degrees. Yes 73 degrees Fahrenheit is where the upstairs remains livable, and the downstairs very comfy. I won't suffer.

So, in any event I'm trying hard to keep cool and keep my cool with the kids. Neither is proving to be easy. This weekend promises cooler temps and I'm looking forward to it. End of the month brings visitors yet again, more California friends, which I'm not exactly looking forward to but nonetheless must try to prepare for which means more cleaning.

© 2007 Whimsical Ranter
All Rights Reserved



4 comments:

Judy said...

Summer is definitely here, isn't it? Our ice machine is on overdrive here!

BUMBLE!!! said...

I'll tell you, I'm ready for the normal heat (and backyard swimming and BBQ's) that go with Florida. THis muggy PA heat just sucks.

stay cool and have a good 1.

Anonymous said...

I feel almost guilty where it's a comfy 73 degrees OUTSIDE here.

Almost.

Anonymous said...

Well written article.