Thursday, December 22, 2005

I Knew I Shouldn't Allow Him in the Kitchen!

Rainbird decided he would help me out by baking his own muffins for work (we recently came across a eggnog muffin recipe and he's been driving me crazy since). So he puts on a apron (because, he's baking at that's a HUGE deal--I'm surprised he didn't put on a freaking chef's hat) and starts mixing the ingredients. He puts them into the muffin pan, and bakes them. Should I mention he made a double batch? He takes them out of the oven and lets them cool, then removes them from the pan and loads it up for the second batch, puts those into the oven. He takes one and breaks it in half, handing the one half to me, which I take a small bite of. He's bragging about how he decided to use Brandy instead of Rum, as I'm thinking...These are horrible. I figure that's the way they're supposed to taste (I'm not a huge eggnog fan anyway). He doesn't say anything. I'm running around cleaning up after him, when he says to me, rather mystified. "It tastes like it's missing something." I shrug rather indifferently, and take another bite of the half he'd given me earlier...I think about it. "Maybe they needed more sugar?" I ask him. He takes another one and tastes it. It hits him. He forgot to add the sugar. He then takes off his apron and tells me that he has a meeting but he'll be back to pick up the muffins later. I've now got two dozen muffins that no one, not even the dog will eat (I tried) and I have to make more for him because he ran out of time. So, I slam things around the kitchen, make the muffins (correctly this time) and I'm just pulling them out of the oven when I hear the channel being changed on the TV, and figure the kids are down to watch cartoons or something. Instead of Ed, Edd and Eddy, I hear the Golf Channel. Now, I know the kids would NEVER watch that. I turn around and see him watching it, stretched out across the sofa with his feet up. "I thought you had a meeting?" He explained he decided to blow it off. He'll be home later after he gets back from the ER getting the Muffin pan dislodged from his ass. That Pam® cooking spray is really great for things other than baking.