Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Just a short one

This has been floating around the Internet for sometime now and was forwarded to me by a "friend". The reason for the quotes around friend is simply put, I don't really know this person, but do know a little about them, so I understand why it was forwarded.



Just a little clarification

It does need to be said that this was done in 1992 when she was 12 years old. It was not before the UN (as some of the youtubes have suggested--there are quite a few floating around of her) but an Earth Summit that was held in Rio, with representatives from different countries. All that understood, I found her articulate, and well spoken on a world stage. I also found her world view to be somewhat simplistic but, given the fact she was only 12, I can forgive that.

If you're interested you can read more about her here.

© 2009 Whimsical Ranter
All Rights Reserved

No comments: