Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I Know…I know



It's Been A While

I can't begin to explain everything that's been going on. We'll just say although it can be serious, we were very lucky and it's not. We are still having the autism issues with our youngest son but like a good friend pointed out to us, if it wasn't this, it would just be something else. Needless to say I did get rather down and it has been a long, cold, dark winter so far here. Not to mention, rainy. But the past weekend the sun was out, we saw lots of snow and the kids went tubing, for a brief and shining moment life was good again.

Of course the rain returns tomorrow if our weather people can be trusted but, for once, I'm okay with that. The robins have returned, the woodpeckers are back pecking the trees around our area and as long as the little peckers stay away from my house I'm fine. My bulbs are starting to poke their heads out of the ground and some might even bloom!

I Shouldn't Complain

We've come a long way since the days of beating clothes on a rock in a creek then boiling them and hanging them on a line to dry. Back in those days laundry was work and it took all day. Today I have a washer and dryer and it still takes all day but the machine does most of the hard work, but I still complain about folding the clothes. In fact at this moment I have probably two loads of clothes piled up on an unmade bed. Well, after all, it is a holiday.

Since Christmas was a bust, as was New Years, and Chinese New Year kinda sucked eggs too. We attended a Chinese New Year festival that sounded fun but wasn't. Not that I mind seeing 80 people waiting in line for a single pot sticker, or a pencil just because it's free. It was just dull. The next holiday I missed out on was Valentines Day but not because of any "issues" but because my husband refers to it as a Hallmark holiday. Why give roses, they'll just die anyway, plus the prices are totally inflated. A card? Nah that's just money in Hallmark's pockets, and what about a nice dinner out; no way Jose! Why spend money just for a day? You can eat out anytime, why bother making reservations and paying more for a special meal? Not to mention that candy makes you fat.

The above is how my husband feels about that day, now how do I feel about it? I feel that all men should just suck it up, deal with it and do what the fuck they are supposed to do. Which means buying a card, maybe flowers, and some chocolate, maybe dinner. Not all those things but I'd settle for one. Especially the chocolate part.

And The Beat Goes On…

It looks as though McCain, despite Bush's endorsement, will get the nomination for the republican side, but the Democrats are still yet to be determined. Obama or Hillary? Who will win? Do I care?

Drums keep pounding a rhythm to the brain

Is it wrong to say I'm kind of hoping for Obama? Not because I agree with everything he says, but I do agree with some things he says. Which is more than Hillary and I'm sorry I loved Bill Clinton.

La de da de de, la de da de da

I am concerned about this recent phenomenon about dropping the illegal part of illegal immigrants. What once was isolated to one cable news network is now practically all of them. Immigration is the hot issue and I sit at home screaming at the TV…they did NOT immigrate; they snuck like thieves in the night across the boarder.

Grandmas sit in chairs and reminisce

I do remember a time when the law meant something, and if you broke the law, you were punished for it. Mexico is suing us for deporting illegals that break the law in our country. I guess they don't want them either.

Boys keep chasing girls to get a kiss

The more things change the more they stay the same.

The cars keep going faster all the time

Yeah but can they afford the gas for them?

Bums still cry "hey buddy, have you got a dime"

No, it's more like a dollar and if you open a wallet, they'll steal that too. Not sure also how PC the term 'bum' is anymore. Financially Challenged?

And The Beat Goes On…
And The Beat Goes On…

© 2008 Whimsical Ranter
All Rights Reserved




2 comments:

Judy said...

Been thinking about you and good to see you today. Glad Spring is on its way and you're feeling a bit better.

As for the Valentine bit, I let the hubster slide this year, but only because I am expecting a freaking honeymoon again when we take our fabulous vacation in December...he better make darn sure I'm treated like a goddess there! LOL

BUMBLE!!! said...

I've been very hard on the Obama-ites and probably unfairly so in some cases. I think it's because every I'm voting for Obama paper seemed to forget the one important question (who is paying for all of this) and centralize around "he's not an elderly white male - isn't that so cool?"

Last night watching the 2 of them just seemed to come back to the same old thing - he really can make a mean speech when he's prepared, but if he's off the cuff for responses of what he thinks, he's way off and stumbling until he gets to speech Obama.

To me, that's scary. Now, I never understood the whole love of Bill thing - I never understood the hate of Bill thing either (I was indifferent), but when it all comes down to it, at least Hillary seems prepared.

That said, I'm prepared to let you make a defense of Obama post on my site. It's up to you.